choose one  

25 members have voted

1. 1. album

• Queen - A Day At The Races
    • U2 - The Joshua Tree
  2. 2. band

3. 3. How easy was this poll for EP?

• What's the phrase... a piece of cake?
    • Oo, I dunno, this has gotta be a pretty tough call...

TJT was one of my first albums. My older cousin got me into them and INXS.

Queen has a more consistent discography, though. Their last 3 albums are crap, free or not, and Bono is a wanker which reminds me of a joke I read once.

What's the difference between God and Bono?

God doesn't walk around Dublin thinking that he's Bono.

Edited by invisible airwave
  • Like 2

Queen has a more consistent discography, though. Their last 3 albums are crap.

What about Innuendo?

Queen has a more consistent discography, though. Their last 3 albums are crap.

What about Innuendo?

It's a slight improvement over The Miracle, my least favorite. I Want It All still rocks, though.

Edited by invisible airwave

U2 in the eighties is LEGENDARY

U2 in general are f***ing annoying

Queen on the other hand don't have as much of a hold on me as the best U2, but they are the better band because they are way more easy to love as people, and they never stunk like U2 at their worst.

So, Joshua Tree wins, and then so does Queen.

• Like 4

Queen on the other hand don't have as much of a hold on me as the best U2, but they are the better band because they are way more easy to love as people, and they never stunk like U2 at their worst.

I have to admit if U2 had stopped after Zooropa or Pop I'd be a lot less jaded towards them. Everything from Boy through Zooropa at least (maybe minus some parts of Rattle And Hum) is magic.

U2 have never done anything for me, while I looooove Queen. Especially 70's Queen
  • Like 1

Queen All around.

Respect what U2 did in the 80's. but they bore the crap outta me. and i have tried and tried and tried.

and if EP is smart this was easy for him, loll

Mick

• Like 1

I really am not a fan of U2 ( probably put off by ultra ego-maniac Bono!!) but The Joshua Tree is a pretty good album, and maybe one of their best.

So U2 get the album vote but Queen get the overall band vote from me.

• Like 5

I have to admit if U2 had stopped after Zooropa or Pop I'd be a lot less jaded towards them. Everything from Boy through Zooropa at least (maybe minus some parts of Rattle And Hum) is magic.

For me they could've stopped after All That You Can't Leave Behind. Outstanding album.

U2's early-mid career material still holds up okay for me (Boy through Achtung Baby). For as much as I should like Queen, I've never fully connected with most of their material. Same with Bowie. It is what it is (subjectivity). U2 were an important band for me growing up, something I could share an appreciation with my parents. Then I wandered off to enjoy other music genres, and when I tried to get into Zooropa and Pop a few years after their releases, I realized I 'outgrew' U2 entirely only to occasionally spin JT, War, and Rattle & Hum.
  • Like 1

Have Syrinx and stoopid misunderstood the last question or did y'all really think this poll was gonna be a close one for me? lol

I really am not a fan of U2 ( probably put off by ultra ego-maniac Bono!!) but The Joshua Tree is a pretty good album, and maybe one of their best.

:goodone:

My thoughts as well. If it were a different Queen album, or different U2 album it wouldn't be as clear for me; I really like Queen more. Joshua Tree is just an outstanding album, though. Queen for overall band, of course.

• Like 1

There's no sort of pan-Irish affiliation you have to honor here?

I voted the same way, as chance would have it . . .

• Like 2

I've never heard more visceral hatred for Bono than the two separate weeks I visited Ireland, if that says anything.

• Like 4

Ok so EP

Erm

I just played some of ADATR

I think I like that album more

I'm playing Queen songs near daily...

...I'm...

...growing...

...to love...

...Queen...

• Like 1

I've never heard more visceral hatred for Bono than the two separate weeks I visited Ireland, if that says anything.

Yes, there are many here who just hate his over bloated ego and opinionating stance. It certainly puts me off their music unfortunately.
  • Like 1

Ok so EP

Erm

...I'm...

...growing...

...to love...

...Queen...

:D

And here's the point where I vividly remember being in junior high waking up every morning for two or three weeks straight and playing the Bohemian Rhapsody music video on YouTube before getting on the bus to go to school. Ah the birth of love is so beautiful, if a bit obsessive, lol.

Ok so EP

Erm

...I'm...

...growing...

...to love...

...Queen...

And here's the point where I vividly remember being in junior high waking up every morning for two or three weeks straight and playing the Bohemian Rhapsody music video on YouTube before getting on the bus to go to school. Ah the birth of love is so beautiful, if a bit obsessive, lol.

They sound good after a Nightwish concert. Comparable theatricality

• Like 1

Ok so EP

Erm

...I'm...

...growing...

...to love...

...Queen...

I do dig theatricality. I should play that Nightwish album I have sometime soon. Also what should I look for next after Century Child?

Ok so EP

Erm

...I'm...

...growing...

...to love...

...Queen...

I do dig theatricality. I should play that Nightwish album I have sometime soon. Also what should I look for next after Century Child?

I'd go for a live album. Showtime, Storytime or Vehicle Of Spirit. I was at the Wembley gig. I highly suggest Nightwish live because there is a beauty to their performances that I think is more impactful for newer fans, and Floor covers all eras of the band vocally.

• Like 2

Saying that Steve Harris thinks Dark Passion Play is one of the greatest albums be has ever heard.

Can't go wrong with that one!

• Like 1

Ok so EP

Erm

...I'm...

...growing...

...to love...

...Queen...

I'd go for a live album. Showtime, Storytime or Vehicle Of Spirit. I was at the Wembley gig. I highly suggest Nightwish live because there is a beauty to their performances that I think is more impactful for newer fans, and Floor covers all eras of the band vocally.

Saying that Steve Harris thinks Dark Passion Play is one of the greatest albums be has ever heard.

Can't go wrong with that one!

Alright options! I will keep my eyes peeled.