15 members have voted

1. 1. just the riff

• Megadeth - Symphony Of Destruction
    • Pantera - Walk
  2. 2. full song

• Megadeth - Symphony Of Destruction
    • Pantera - Walk
  3. 3. band

I think these two riffs are somewhat similar. Not in a "one of them copied the other" kind of way. Just in a "the notes and rhythms used aren't that dissimilar" kind of way. Love both these songs and I'm interested to see which will walk out of the ring having destroyed the other... symphonically.

I think these two riffs are somewhat similar. Not in a "one of them copied the other" kind of way. Just in a "the notes and rhythms used aren't that dissimilar" kind of way. Love both these songs and I'm interested to see which will walk out of the ring having destroyed the other... symphonically.

Pantera for the first two. Megadeth for the overall better band. The riff to Walk I think has a little more to it than the one for Symphony. I never thought about any similarities in the riffs before but I get what EP is talking about. Strange that I never noticed it before considering both of these songs were popular around the same time and I listened to both albums A LOT.
  • Like 1

Oooh two bands I've listened to a bit in the past decade (as I've gotten more into metal). Megadeth have an impressive stylistic range for a metal band, both bands have insanely talented guitarists, but I have to say Pantera had a more unified and kick ass sound as a metal act. Pantera has better vocals IMO too. If we're taking a measure of full albums, Pantera's peak (while brief) is much higher than Megadeth ever achieved on any album from first to last track. Individual tracks - it's tight but I'd give Megadeth the nod for having a higher level of complexity in writing and structure.

Pantera for me.

I've seen them a few times ( opened for Sabbath and at Ozzfest 97, 98 and 2000 at PNC Arts Center NJ ). Heavy. Big fan of Down too.

Megadeth never caught on with me.