Neil Peart's website....

I visited the site today and noticed it's not being maintained. I don't know how to archive it on my computer...I was hoping some fans are downloading what is on it to keep it available should it be taken down.

I'd do it but I'm not good with tech. Posting on forums is about as handy as I am with computers. Just wondering out loud if someone else is thinking the same thing.

Well, what's the point of maintaining it now anyways?

Well he wrote a lot of content for it, it's nice to be able to read through it and see things he wanted to share with the world.

& It's nice to have access to it. I'm hoping it's been downloaded enough times that it'll be around for people to re-discover as time goes on.. Same as the music.

• Like 2

thankfully the WayBack Machine has some archives as recent as May 17 of this year. you can even go as far back as September 13, 2012 and look at archives from the past. unfortunately the archives are pretty sparse, but these are probably the only ones we have. you should still be able to visit the website on the WayBack Machine even if the website is taken down. clearly someone is still paying for the domain name, just not updating the website.
  • Like 2

thankfully the WayBack Machine has some archives as recent as May 17 of this year. you can even go as far back as September 13, 2012 and look at archives from the past. unfortunately the archives are pretty sparse, but these are probably the only ones we have. you should still be able to visit the website on the WayBack Machine even if the website is taken down. clearly someone is still paying for the domain name, just not updating the website.

There are some defunct links and one link to a spam website. I'm sad the site is not being maintained but given the last few years of Peart's life he might have considered going out of his way to archive it a waste of time. It's full of neat things so for fans it's a great resource but yeah I could see him having thought, F it, whatever. (I'm familiar with the kinds of thoughts that happen after getting bad news about health.)

John at Cygnus-X1.net offers an indexed archive of Neil's blog at: https://www.cygnus-x...-and-sports.php

Let me take this opportunity to give John at Cygnus-X1.net some recognition, not only for his archiving of Neil's articles, but for his entire site, an invaluable resource to the Rush community. John was handing out postcards advertising Cygnus-X.net at the first Rush gig I ever went to, the gig at which I became a fan, and I have been visiting it regularly ever since. Many thanks and much appreciation to John for all his hard work over the years!

• Like 13

John at Cygnus-X1.net offers an indexed archive of Neil's blog at: https://www.cygnus-x...-and-sports.php

Let me take this opportunity to give John at Cygnus-X1.net some recognition, not only for his archiving of Neil's articles, but for his entire site, an invaluable resource to the Rush community. John was handing out postcards advertising Cygnus-X.net at the first Rush gig I ever went to, the gig at which I became a fan, and I have been visiting it regularly ever since. Many thanks and much appreciation to John for all his hard work over the years!

Mulley you're back to stay!

• Like 1

Too bad his forum isn't online.

• Like 1

Just to be mindful, neilpeart.net is very much "available" with lots of content like "News", "Books", etc.

If one has never looked at the site in the past, you can still see tonnes of stuff...today.

And yes, I have appreciated the amazing Cygnus-X1.net often. Excellent content!

• Like 2

Thank you, sir. Always nice to hear favorable comments about the work I put into my website. Glad you're enjoying it.

• Like 4

Thank you, sir. Always nice to hear favorable comments about the work I put into my website. Glad you're enjoying it.

Love your website. Found it on my own and I was amazed at how well put together it was. I don't do it often but I've looked at the archived versions of your website and it was pretty neat to see how it evolved.

• Like 2

Love your website. Found it on my own and I was amazed at how well put together it was. I don't do it often but I've looked at the archived versions of your website and it was pretty neat to see how it evolved.

Ditto. Bravo. Well done. Way to go. And most importantly, thanks!

• Like 2