RPG: The Lamb Lies Down On Broadway vs. Songs From The Wood

choose one  

21 members have voted

1. 1. album

• The Lamb Lies Down On Broadway - Genesis
    • Songs From The Wood - Jethro Tull
  2. 2. band

3. 3. flautist (flute player)

I decided not to think about this too long and so at this point in time I vote as follows -

Album: The Lamb Lies Down On Broadway

Band: Genesis by a whisker

Flautist: Ian Anderson by some margin.

So 2-1 to Genesis but only just.

Edited by zepphead
  • Like 1

oh man i'm out. not a fan of either.

well maybe on 2nd thought ill put the lamb. i find Disc 1 to actually be perfect.

disc 2 makes my eyes glaze over. i think ok this time disc 2 will click.....it never does.

but the lamb is gonna get it cause disc 1 is actually great.......oh and Genesis and Peter get my vote too.

Mick

Edited by bluefox4000
  • Like 1

Lamb is a masterpiece, especially live.

Love the early works of both bands equally but Tull by a nose.

Ian

Edited by custom55

I decided not to think about this too long and so at this point in time I vote as follows -

TULL should be the answer!

• Like 1

TULL should be the answer!

A bit of Tull is certainly hard to beat!!

d535c42104d043067ddee960c50e402d.jpg

Please note Mr. Anderson, the chap beside you in the photo is Martin Lancelot Barre - because without him, it is simply NOT Jethro Tull.

• Like 1

Is there anyone in rock that has toured more than Ian Anderson? The man is relentless from 1968 thru to 2019 he only didn't tour in 1983/85 and only a brief tour in 1986. Nothing to do with these 2 albums, just popped into mind when I think about the output of Ian next to Genesis

Actually like both but don't know what the Lamb sounds like even though I have the LP! I only played parts of it many years ago.

I love Songs from the wood so I have to vote for that by default!

Both have produced iconic stuff over the years but Genesis, in comparison, went far too mainstream so lose 'points' for that.

Tull still rocked a bit in later years although I'm not sure about the last album or 2.

Certainly ones like Crest of a Knave were fine albums.

Tull also have the honour of beating Metallica to a 'Heavy Metal' award, even though it was a bit of joke.

Unless Gabriel has got serious flute-chops that I don't know about then surely Ian A wins by a landslide.

So Tull for the most part even though I like both bands but also because Martin Barre hails from nearby King's Heath in Brum. I'm not a native of Birmingham but been here a reasonable amount of time now.

Plus it was fun hearing them playing some heavy rock stuff at the nearby Mosely folk festival a decade or so ago frightening all the folk traditionalists which I think the band got a bit of a kick out of.

Since Genesis has been in, and a part of this, I've liked them, and I'm more familiar with their music, than Jethro Tull. When I listened to the radio more, I'm sure, and positive I've listened to some Jethro Tull's songs on it, but I haven't owned any albums, and c.ds of them. It hasn't meant that I don't have any respect for them because I do.

Is there anyone in rock that has toured more than Ian Anderson? The man is relentless from 1968 thru to 2019 he only didn't tour in 1983/85 and only a brief tour in 1986. Nothing to do with these 2 albums, just popped into mind when I think about the output of Ian next to Genesis

Genesis makes more in a night than Ian on a whole tour.

Genesis makes more in a night than Ian on a whole tour.

Perhaps if Ian toured less he would make more!

...wait that's not how it works...

• Like 1