13 members have voted

1. 1. album

• Grand Funk Railroad - Live Album
    • Elton John - Honky Château
  2. 2. artist

• Grand Funk Railroad
    • Elton John

Deep in the 70s here.

I'm gonna actually give Grand Funk's album my vote here. HC isn't my favorite Elton album by a long shot, though it does have some of my favorite songs of his (Rocket Man, Mona Lisas And Mad Hatters). Also my record of it skips a lot, lol. That Grand Funk Live Album is all killer no filler. However, from an artist perspective Elton means at least 10 times more to me.

I remember playing football in my mates garden in 1971 when then this monstrously heavy sound came blasting out of the window from his brother's bedroom.

It was GFR Live and it left an impression on me!

But in terms of artists I haven't heard enough of GFR's entire catalogue to give them the vote, so it's one all then.

Edited by zepphead
  • Like 2

The Live GFR album was very popular when I was in high school. I owned the album so it got my vote.

Elton > GFR

• Like 1

Though i have enjoyed Grand Funk.......Elton here. He has my fav run of any artist to this day.

Self Titled to Captain Fantastic. That run is out of this world. and of course. Honky Chateau is a part of that.

Mick

• Like 2

Live Album

Elton

for basically the same reasons Entre_Perpetuo mentioned.

BTW, Grand Funk was my first ever live concert.

Edited by driventotheedge

Deep in the 70s here.

I'm gonna actually give Grand Funk's album my vote here. HC isn't my favorite Elton album by a long shot, though it does have some of my favorite songs of his (Rocket Man, Mona Lisas And Mad Hatters). Also my record of it skips a lot, lol. That Grand Funk Live Album is all killer no filler. However, from an artist perspective Elton means at least 10 times more to me.

;) ;) You can do the total 70's thing and put a penny on your tone arm while it plays. If that doesn't work, try a nickel. The things we did before the internet! :lol: Dont do it if you have a good stylus, though, I always had kind of cheap ones.

• Like 2

Deep in the 70s here.

;) ;) You can do the total 70's thing and put a penny on your tone arm while it plays. If that doesn't work, try a nickel. The things we did before the internet! :lol: Dont do it if you have a good stylus, though, I always had kind of cheap ones.

OK not to be rude here and I know mentioning age to a lady is considered tacky, but damn, you do know you're age is showing when you post something like this, right?

oh wait, my age is showing when I know and did exactly what you're talking about. :oops:

• Like 1

I really like Grand Funk and have 2 of their albums but somehow I missed that live one! I'm gonna have to try to find it! But since I haven't heard it yet, I have to go with Honky Chateau.

I went with Elton as overall artist as well, although I have a great fondness for Grand Funk. For being a basic midwest garage band they sure captured a jammin' sound. :heart:

• Like 1

Deep in the 70s here.

OK not to be rude here and I know mentioning age to a lady is considered tacky, but damn, you do know you're age is showing when you post something like this, right?

oh wait, my age is showing when I know and did exactly what you're talking about. :oops:

:goodone: :lol: :lol: :lol: Guilty as charged! Younger than Geddy, Alex, Madonna and Nikki Sixx. A bit older than Bret Michaels.

Edited by blueschica

I really like Grand Funk and have 2 of their albums but somehow I missed that live one! I'm gonna have to try to find it! But since I haven't heard it yet, I have to go with Honky Chateau.

I went with Elton as overall artist as well, although I have a great fondness for Grand Funk. For being a basic midwest garage band they sure captured a jammin' sound. :heart:

Grand funk is a fantastic band. but the music Elton and Bernie Taupin made from the early to mid 70's. just hard to match IMO.

Mick

• Like 2

Grand funk is a fantastic band. but the music Elton and Bernie Taupin made from the early to mid 70's. just hard to match IMO.

Mick

I love that early run of theirs, I still play them pretty often. Was just listening to "Don't Shoot Me" and also 11-17-70 the other day! :heart: :heart:

• Like 1