Politics Outside of SOCN: What to Do About It

JohnRogers

And keeping fingers crossed for the Go-Go's!

Go vote. Right now. And get someone else to. :)

I'm not sure if you want me to, my votes for Kraftwerk in previous years came to nothing. :( I might be bad luck! :lol: But I have been voting for them and will continue to do so! :)

Meh, you need to accept the cookies and log in. Then they're sending you email, selling your email to who knows. I mean if it was The Bangles maybe...

You can log in using Google or that ridiculous Facebook you love so much. You can delete cookies. Christ, Jackie, will you man up for once in your life?

Fine, I voted for your precious Go-Go's. I almost voted for the New York Dolls instead.

They're prettier than all but one of the GoGo's

Ah, they're dudes.

I know, so what? :whipgirl:

I'm not sure if you want me to, my votes for Kraftwerk in previous years came to nothing. :( I might be bad luck! :lol: But I have been voting for them and will continue to do so! :)

Meh, you need to accept the cookies and log in. Then they're sending you email, selling your email to who knows. I mean if it was The Bangles maybe...

You can log in using Google or that ridiculous Facebook you love so much. You can delete cookies. Christ, Jackie, will you man up for once in your life?

Fine, I voted for your precious Go-Go's. I almost voted for the New York Dolls instead.

Ah, they're dudes.

All good, brah. I didn’t know you checked some intersectional boxes. I thought you were a lame, boring, older, cis-hetero white dude.

Ah, they're dudes.

All good, brah. I didn’t know you checked some intersectional boxes. I thought you were a lame, boring, older, cis-hetero white dude.

IDK about the lame part, but the rest is pretty accurate. As for the Dolls, I was mostly facetious, but there are attractive guys.

Fela Kuti has opened up his lead on the Go-Go's. :eyeroll:

:banghead:

It feels like my choice here is between being labeled a racist or misogynist. :P
  • Like 1

Speaking of election hijinks:

https://glaziang.com...l-hall-of-fame/

It all started with one tweet! Someone tweeted and TwitterNg went ham on the votes, with no holds barred.

It is well known on twitter that Nigerians are not the ones you want to be in a contest with. They take the term “show up and show out” seriously and they have this never give up attitude that is really amazing to see. Nigerians will always come first so if you are running a poll that involves them, you might want to keep it on the down low if you want your country to win.

It was not general knowledge that afrobeat legend Fela Anikulapo-Kuti had been listed among the 2021 Rock & Roll Hall of Fame nominees and needed votes to become an inductee. According to the rules, the five nominees with the most votes will be inducted into the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame of 2021 class. And at the time Nigerians found out about it, the great Fela was nowhere near the top 10. As a matter of fact, he was at the bottom of the list with the least votes. The list had Tina Turner, Foo Fighters, Carole King, Iron Maiden all leading the poll.

Nigerian artistes like Burna Boy, Don Jazzy and Fela’s first son Femi Kuti – a legendary artiste as well – shared tweets with links asking Nigerians to vote Fela to become an inductee. Everyone joined in sharing this link to boost visibility and awareness. Blogs and media houses including yours truly, shared about it and encouraged Nigerians to vote for Fela. Just like that, Fela went from less than 10,000 votes to 17k, automatically bumping him up from having the least votes.

Fela shot up to 3rd place with over 30,000 votes within a few hours but it would seem that was not enough for Nigerians even though at 3rd place he will be part of the 2021 inductees.

Well, at the time of publication, Fela is currently sitting at the number one spot with over 130K votes and we know Nigerians are not going to give room for anyone else to claim that spot. It looks like the wide margin between Fela and the next person will stay that way. Other artistes gunning for the top five include Mary J Blige, LLCoolJ, Jay Z, Dionne Warwick, Chaka Khan, The GO-GOs, Race Against the Machine among others.

Now we don’t want to sleep on our oars and let someone kick our own abami eda as Fela is fondly called off the first place spot. Voting is open till April 30th so keep the votes coming in for Fela by clicking on https://vote.rockhall.com/results/ . You can vote once a day, every day until the 30th of April.

P.S – If you didn’t already know, we’re rooting for Fela, get to voting!

Ah, they're dudes.

IDK about the lame part, but the rest is pretty accurate. As for the Dolls, I was mostly facetious, but there are attractive guys.

He knows that is fact because we met in person at a Rush theatrical event.

I'll start using this. Hit me up in the DM/PM Inbox if you see an infraction that needs my attention.

5910lc.jpg

• Like 2

See the people walking down the street . . .

:cheerleader:

Walk like and Egyptian...

Walk like and Egyptian...

* insert Egyptian walking emoji here *