Politics Outside of SOCN: What to Do About It

JohnRogers

I could be misremembering or have my mind clouded with alternative facts. It seems a bit of an echo-chamber formed in Random Samples and then some folks decided to push back offer an opposing viewpoint. Long standing written and unwritten rules were tossed bringing us to where we are today, with some folks rightly annoyed.

The slumlord boss-man of TRF is busy tending to RL responsibilities. I know he is in fact fine, he's taking care of others but it's not my story to tell. In the mean time the rats we got out of line. Our self policing has failed.

How did this happen? You know who you are we are. No need for finger pointing or navel gazing. How about we just call a truce. Rise above and be better people?

In the future how about we call people out for violating the no politics rule, throw a BS flag if you will? Not engage in the pissing contest debate. Also report violations using the button.

I'm interested in ideas to fix this, so what say you?

• Like 4

Some of you are not taking this seriously, for shame.

I don't see how you can say that. I've voted every day for the Go-Go's, and I've encouraged others to do so. How much more serious can I be?

I listened to their greatest hits album today. I think I like The Bangels more.

Maybe this echo chamber is to try and counterpoint the SOCN one?

But yeah, if we're not supposed to discuss politics in depth outside of SOCN, then your suggestions are appropriate.

Thank you, I accept your endorsement.

I don't see how you can say that. I've voted every day for the Go-Go's, and I've encouraged others to do so. How much more serious can I be?

BANGLES

BANGLES

BANGLES

Also, regardless of the music, there's this.

7396884626c831408bf7113ef0cb3804.jpg

• Like 4

The Go-Go's were more punk/new wave, which worked better, IMO. The Bangles don't happen without the Go-Go's. And the Go-Go's were better musicians. And, yes, Belinda was hotter than Susannah.

• Like 2

Before Rick's recent posts about The Go-Go's, I wasn't aware that there was anyone out there who took them seriously. That's probably why someone we have never heard of is beating them in the rock hall voting.

As for the political talk, it's been a crazy year for that. Because of the pandemic and all the political decisions that have happened regarding it, we have gotten a bit loose with talking about politics. I thought it was ok to bring politics up a little in threads about the pandemic but maybe I was wrong about that. Other than those threads, I don't think I have brought up politics anywhere else on the board.

• Like 3

The Go-Go's were more punk/new wave, which worked better, IMO. The Bangles don't happen without the Go-Go's. And the Go-Go's were better musicians. And, yes, Belinda was hotter than Susannah.

I shouldn't be surprised how you even get this wrong. Just like your misguided opinions on monetary policy and troops deployments. Only someone with a cold pull yourself up by your bootstraps attitude would find Belinda hotter than Susannah. What is hot anyway? Judge these women on their voices, misogynist!

• Like 1

Well we certainly are showing GenPop how we get things done in SOCN.

Ahhh, Rick's water-boy showed up! Trickle down never bought a hungry child a prog-metal CD.

• Like 1

Ahhh, Rick's water-boy showed up! Trickle down never bought a hungry child a prog-metal CD.

you think your economic nationalism and class envy nonsense will play any better here? How much disrespect do you have for their intelligence, anyway?

Come on, man!

Edited by laughedatbytime
  • Like 2

Damn, Jackie! That hurts!

Sorry, JR. That was kinda mean.

please accept my peace offering...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DD_aIlBPxW0

Edited by laughedatbytime

you think your economic nationalism and class envy nonsense will play any better here? How much disrespect do you have for their intelligence, anyway?

Come on, man!

You don't care who makes your Chicago Style pizza casserole just as long as you can pay less for it. No one delivering pizza for 40 hours a week should be living at 150% below the poverty line. I'm so sick thinking aboot it I'm not even hungry any more. No food insecurity in your ivory tower!

Come on, man!

You don't care who makes your Chicago Style pizza casserole just as long as you can pay less for it. No one delivering pizza for 40 hours a week should be living at 150% below the poverty line. I'm so sick thinking aboot it I'm not even hungry any more. No food insecurity in your ivory tower!

You probably proclaim from the balcony of your third house that no one needs 18 combinations of toppings.

1620264983[/url'>' post='4911487']
1620259392' post='4911472']
1620258902[/url'>' post='4911467']
1620258627' post='4911464']
1620254396[/url]' post='4911454']

I shouldn't be surprised how you even get this wrong. Just like your misguided opinions on monetary policy and troops deployments. Only someone with a cold pull yourself up by your bootstraps attitude would find Belinda hotter than Susannah. What is hot anyway? Judge these women on their voices, misogynist!

I did. I said Belinda blows Susannah away there, too.

Jackie, btw, Beauty and the Beat is better than everything in the PoW through T4E run.

That's the very definition of faint praise.