Primus - AFTK Tour

chemistry1973

Can anyone suggest some Primus songs to check out which they might be likely to perform at this show? I've certainly heard of Primus but have never had any interest a chance to check out their stuff.

Top songs:

Jerry Was A Racecar Driver

Wynona's Big Brown Beaver

My Name is Mud

IMO Primus' best album was Sailing the Seas of Cheese. Maybe start with that.

I've seen them twice -- once at a huge festival, where I got nearly crushed, and again opening for U2 on the Zoo TV tour.

They're very playful, silly, and terrific instrumentalists. But definitely strange.

I dig their take on the Charlie and the Chocolate Factory soundtrack. It was killer live.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://m.youtube.com/watch%3Fv%3DWM7R3Kz514g&ved=2ahUKEwjj9YakxL3wAhUDpVsKHarZAssQo7QBegQIBRAE&usg=AOvVaw25E-1WFbJXylO7VWEKmoT3

Can anyone suggest some Primus songs to check out which they might be likely to perform at this show? I've certainly heard of Primus but have never had any interest a chance to check out their stuff.

Top songs:

My Name is Mud

I've seen them twice -- once at a huge festival, where I got nearly crushed, and again opening for U2 on the Zoo TV tour.

They're very playful, silly, and terrific instrumentalists. But definitely strange.

I dig their take on the Charlie and the Chocolate Factory soundtrack. It was killer live.

https://www.google.c...bJXylO7VWEKmoT3

I read this and was all excited and really wanted to like it....but just didn't, oh well!

Top songs:

My Name is Mud

https://www.google.c...bJXylO7VWEKmoT3

I read this and was all excited and really wanted to like it....but just didn't, oh well!

Because Primus sucks. :P
  • Like 1

I've seen this show twice now -- once last summer and once this summer. Killer both times. They completely nail the Rush stuff musically. It's the closest thing you'll get to the real thing now that Rush is gone. I'm not a MASSIVE Primus fan but I enjoyed hearing their own material live too.

Also saw the show twice this tour. I had a great time meeting other Rush fans and the shows made me a big fan of Primus. The second show was in Toronto for Night 2 of their Massey Hall gig. I don' t think I've ever seen a crowd so loud and electric. There was really a different sort of energy in the air compared to the first show I went last year. They teased YYZ to open John the Fisherman and the roof damn near blew off the building.

Also to their credit, they only repeated two of their original songs when I saw them the second time. 

Edited by Union 5-3992
  • Like 2

On 5/8/2021 at 2:09 PM, capoetc said:

Non-Fan of Primus: "Man, this is weird!"

Primus Fan: "Man, this is weird!"

their album "The Desaturated Seven" has 70's Rush written all over it, so i'm assuming since since it didn't see much success they decided to do this instead

• Like 2

I saw the Primus show early on in Asbury Park, NJ and did the Q&A with the band—I first saw them on the Frizzle Fry tour also in Asbury (their first time there) from about 2 feet away, and have been a fan of that lineup ever since. (They were still playing the opening bell riff and intro to YYZ before launching into John The Fisherman back then).  I helped them fill in some information gaps from when their soundguy got kicked out of the first show in the middle of their set (he punched Jim Boone, the house soundguy, in the snoot for reaching over and turning the vocals down).  It was a great time.  I love those guys.  They suck.

• Like 1