RPG: Don't Shoot Me, I'm Only The Piano Player vs. Boarding House Reach

Choose one  

11 members have voted

1. 1. album

• Don't Shoot Me, I'm Only The Piano Player - Elton John
    • Boarding House Reach - Jack White
  2. 2. artist

At long last the completely nonsensical matchup this generator was supposed to give me from the start (though Hall And Oates vs. Frank Zappa was also pretty zany)! Will you go for the Rocket Man or the Third Man?

I'm splitting my ticket here. Elton John is one of my favorite singers of all time, but DSMIOTPP isn't one of my favorites of his. Some great stuff for sure, but never the one I really come back to. Jack White on the other hand sometimes thrills me, though often is only just good enough to stay on my radar. Boarding House Reach is an example of him knocking me right out of the park, and was one of my favorite albums of that year.

jack%20white%20detroit%20tigers_1551736745654.jpg_20941087_ver1.0_1280_720.jpg

Baseball >>>>>>>>>>>>>>> soccer, so....

Edited by laughedatbytime
  • Like 1

Who the hell is Jack White?

The lead singer and guitarist from The White Stripes, you know, one of the most popular rock bands of the 21st century?

• Like 1

A somewhat bizarre pairing!

I am not a particularly big fan of Elton John, but I give him both votes here.

• Like 1

The lead singer and guitarist from The White Stripes, you know, one of the most popular rock bands of the 21st century?

I know who the White Stripes are. But never cared enough to learn their names.

Edited by J2112YYZ

Also one of the more influential guitarists of his era. I appreciate Jack's interest in guitar history, in particular the blues.

J2112YYZ, you should check out his documentary "It Might Get Loud".

• Like 2

I went with Elton on both. I love Jack Whites guitar playing but I like Elton a little better. You have convinced me, though, to seek out Boarding House Reach and give it another listen.:)
  • Like 2

What is this generator thing anyway?

It's me picking random albums from my record collection and pitting them against each other.

It's me picking random albums from my record collection and pitting them against each other.

That's very disappointing, I thought there was an actual machine. I think you should build one now out of a DeLorean like Doc Brown.

That's very disappointing, I thought there was an actual machine. I think you should build one now out of a DeLorean like Doc Brown.

Yeah well I'm not gonna be doing that.

I know because you're not smart enough!

We'll see what my Bachelor's degree has to say about that in about a month.

• Like 1

It won't build your generator machine for you whatever it says.

Why should I need a machine anyway? I have a system that randomly selects albums from my collection, and I call it the random poll generator. The point is that it's pretty much random so having a machine that involved any other criteria would kinda defeat the purpose.

Why should I need a machine anyway? I have a system that randomly selects albums from my collection, and I call it the random poll generator. The point is that it's pretty much random so having a machine that involved any other criteria would kinda defeat the purpose.

You need to chill mate.