Geddy and his mom to appear in "From Cradle To Stage"

blueschica

Geddy announced on social media this evening that he and his mom, Mary, will be making an appearance on "From Cradle To Stage". It's a six part series coming this spring to Paramount Plus, based on the book Dave Grohl's mom, Virginia Hanlon Grohl, wrote about a number of rock starts and their moms. This article tells more about it-

https://variety.com/...ies-1234953213/

From this photo on a random youtube post, it appears that Geddy's episode will air June 10? Stay tuned! (And yes, Paramount Plus is a streaming channel that you have to pay for, but they offer a 7 day free trial. :ebert: I think you can do one month for like $6.00. )

10qKbr5l.png

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zuoaGFeKEHw

Edited by blueschica
  • Like 6

Geddy Lee (of Rush) and Mary Weinrib

How DARE they insert (of Rush) in there.....

EVERYONE knows who Geddy Lee is. EVERYONE knows that Geddy Lee is from RUSH. :rage: :rage: :laughing guy:

• Like 3

Not really sure why anyone would be interested in this tbh.....if it isn't about the music then not concerned, his private life is of no interest to me.
  • Like 1

Not really sure why anyone would be interested in this tbh.....if it isn't about the music then not concerned, his private life is of no interest to me.

Given the title of the show, From Cradle To Stage, I'm not sure why anyone would assume that this show isn't related to Geddy's career on stage with Rush. Unless Geddy has spent a considerable portion of his life on stage outside of performing with Rush that I'm not aware of?

• Like 1

Given the title of the show, From Cradle To Stage, I'm not sure why anyone would assume that this show isn't related to Geddy's career on stage with Rush. Unless Geddy has spent a considerable portion of his life on stage outside of performing with Rush that I'm not aware of?

The show is based on a book written by Grohls mum....I'm willing to wager my left nut that most of it will be about family shit.

• Like 1

The show is based on a book written by Grohls mum....I'm willing to wager my left nut that most of it will be about family shit.

I agree somewhat- I have little desire to see country singer Miranda Lambert and her mom (although I like her music!). I find some of the other performer backgrounds interesting though so I don't mind if it is mainly family. Geddy's mom's story of surviving the Holocaust is still so amazing- I love to hear from her.

• Like 1

EVERYONE knows who Geddy Lee is. EVERYONE knows that Geddy Lee is from RUSH. :rage: :rage: :laughing guy:

You said it too!!

And for me, it's not specifically about past survival stories (as an example), or even the music and the musicians, per say.

But, just how much Mom's (parents) feared the paths their children chose. And success was not the same as the child saying "I made it, ma!", but the moms had to see the success in context of all the music noise out there.

We all had issues with our parents, perhaps. Then add a few million bucks, tours and absences from families, decisions poorly or rightly made blasted in public and media. It really is a story to tell, for all the artists.

I think I will do a "trial" to see it.

Thank you blueschica for the heads up!

• Like 2

Dave Grohl.....where's the Robert Downey Jr. rolling eyes meme?......poster boy for the term overexposed ...does this guy not show up for a camera rolling?.....he figures himself as "all that is music"....sorry don't see the appeal ...yeah,and his drumming is nothing noteworthy.....rant room is closed ..carry on.

You can wager your left nut, but for those on the other side of the bet, talk about a no win situation...

• Like 1

Allow me to date myself with the following dramatisation:

We open on Norm Crosby on the stage of his Comedy Shop program

Norm: And now it's time for our super surprise mystery guest. In just a moment someone is going to knock on that door....

(
knock knock knock
)

(He proceeds to door) Please welcome our super surprise mystery guest... (opens door) Geddy Lee! (silence) Of Rush! (still silence)

Fin.
  • Like 1

I'm waiting for the Ged episode to come out before I start my free trial and watch them all in a week.

Geddy announced on social media this evening that he and his mom, Mary, will be making an appearance on "From Cradle To Stage". It's a six part series coming this spring to Paramount Plus, based on the book Dave Grohl's mom, Virginia Hanlon Grohl, wrote about a number of rock starts and their moms. This article tells more about it-

https://variety.com/...ies-1234953213/

From this photo on a random youtube post, it appears that Geddy's episode will air June 10? Stay tuned! (And yes, Paramount Plus is a streaming channel that you have to pay for, but they offer a 7 day free trial. :ebert: I think you can do one month for like $6.00. )

10qKbr5l.png

You think i can watch it on You Tube for free? When is it?

10qKbr5l.png

:fistbump: :fistbump: Bump!

The episode featuring Geddy and his mom is now posted! (Didn't get a chance to watch it yet, but I will soon!). It is on Paramount Plus- if you have a streaming device, they have a 5 day free trial. :) I'm looking forward to it- the one last week with Tom Morello and his mom, Mary, was really interesting.

Edited by blueschica
  • Like 3

The episode featuring Geddy and his mom is now posted! (Didn't get a chance to watch it yet, but I will soon!). It is on Paramount Plus- if you have a streaming device, they have a 5 day free trial. :) I'm looking forward to it- the one last week with Tom Morello and his mom, Mary, was really interesting.

I signed up last weekend for the trial period to view all the episodes.

However I login into the Paramount+ website portal on my PC and the Geddy Lee episode isn't yet posted.

I read this FAQ article here, which wasn't much help.

Update: I just received this email after submitting my comments on here.

Thank you for contacting Paramount+. New episodes of current shows are added the day after they air. We are also working to increase the catalog available to Paramount+ subscribers. While we do not add content on a scheduled basis, we are working to provide greater access to more shows from the CBS library of TV hits.

Edited by RushFanForever
  • Like 2

I loved last weeks episode. I will occasionally listen to Tom's radio show on Sirius and she will be on there with him. I've watched every episode so far and have really enjoyed this series. Very excited to see Geddy and his mom.

• Like 2

I loved last weeks episode. I will occasionally listen to Tom's radio show on Sirius and she will be on there with him. I've watched every episode so far and have really enjoyed this series. Very excited to see Geddy and his mom.

I'm glad to hear about Tom's radio show! I keep meaning to turn it on and then I forget. I'll have to try and listen.

• Like 2

I watched Geddy and his mother's appearance in From Cradle To Stage.

I believe that the whole series took a couple of years to put together for all music acts involved from events spanning a few years.

With Geddy's appearance there was previously released footage to emphasize the story, along with personal photos and homemade family movies from the 50's and 60's I hadn't seen before.

Here's a couple of RUSH related events pertaining to this.

July 2015 - Foo Fighters performance in Toronto.

Foo Fighters cover Tom Sawyer in Toronto, Geddy Lee's mom in attendance

June 2019 - Geddy Lee's Big Beautiful Book of Bass signing at CosmoFest in Toronto with Dave Grohl driving him around.

Geddy Lee wraps up his Big Beautiful Book of Bass Canadian signing tour in Montreal

Edited by RushFanForever
  • Like 4

I watched Geddy and his mother's appearance in From Cradle To Stage.

I believe that the whole series took a couple of years to put together for all music acts involved from events spanning a few years.

With Geddy's appearance there was previously released footage to emphasize the story, along with personal photos and homemade family movies from the 50's and 60's I hadn't seen before.

Here's a couple of RUSH related events pertaining to this.

July 2015 - Foo Fighters performance in Toronto.

Foo Fighters cover Tom Sawyer in Toronto, Geddy Lee's mom in attendance

June 2019 - Geddy Lee's Big Beautiful Book of Bass signing at CosmoFest in Toronto with Dave Grohl driving him around.

Geddy Lee wraps up his Big Beautiful Book of Bass Canadian signing tour in Montreal

I'm glad you were able to see it! I kind of noticed the same thing- when you see people crowding around Geddy at a book signing, you know it was before 2020. It was interesting seeing him through the eyes of other people, and seeing him more as son and brother then as a "rock star." I agree, I liked the home movies and photos that I don't think have been shown before. Very enjoyable to watch :)

• Like 3

My wife and I really enjoyed this. We promised not to stalk Geddy outside the bodega on a Saturday morning while we visit Toronto.
  • Like 4