Random Poll Generator: You Can Tune a Piano, But You Can't Tune A Fish vs. Help!

choose one  

21 members have voted

1. 1. album

• REO Speedwagon - You Can Tune A Piano, But You Can't Tuna Fish
    • The Beatles - Help!

I'd like to specify that my copy of help is the less famous soundtrack American version, but you can take it to mean the more famous British version if you desire.
  • Like 1

Astoundingly, I never would've guessed I'd vote for an REO Speedwagon album over a Beatles album, but Help (the version I have anyway) doesn't really do it for me outside of the singles, whereas YCTAPBYCTAF is a stone cold AOR classic!
  • Like 1

I voted for Tune A Piano as well, but this one was so close! Help has a few tunes I absolutely love; You've Got To Hide Your Love Away and I've Just Seen A Face along with the bigger tunes.

I just love Tune A Piano though, more than Hi Infidelity which was so huge for REO. Really love Roll With The Changes and Time For Me To Fly. A friend owned the vinyl and played it constantly and it's a reminder of fun times, so it gets the win for me.

• Like 2

I'd like to specify that my copy of help is the less famous soundtrack American version, but you can take it to mean the more famous British version if you desire.

EP, were you the one on here telling me that that pug ugly cover of Tune A Fish, complete with ugly dead fish, was on purpose as a big FU to corporate band pretty album covers at the time? That kind of makes me like it even more! :lol: :lol:

EP, were you the one on here telling me that that pug ugly cover of Tune A Fish, complete with ugly dead fish, was on purpose as a big FU to corporate band pretty album covers at the time? That kind of makes me like it even more! :lol: :lol:

Oh I don't think I'm the one who told you that, what a great story! I bet that was Rush Fan Forever.

• Like 1

US or UK ... it doesn't really matter, it still wins.

Don't get me wrong, I love REO, but this is The Beatles we are talking about!!!!

I've gone for The Beatles. I've heard of REO Speedwagon, but never the album title... whoa, what a title..!

The album cover is imo one of the all-time greats too babycat:

REO-Speedwagon.jpg

Something Zappa would do.

• Like 2