Signatures

Fordgalaxy

The words below  

13 members have voted

1. 1. If your words end up in someone's signature, how does that make you feel?

• Proud that someone felt strongly enough about what I had to say that they were willing to immortalize it.
    • Ashamed that someone is using your words in an attempt to shame/embarrass/humiliate you.
    • Pity that someone is so obsessed with the things certain people say that they are willing to immortalize them in their signature.
    • Who GAF?
    • WTH are you talking about?
    • Other

A long time ago, I said that SOCN appeared to be pretty pointless as nobody ever changes their minds on key issues through an internet forum. I was informed by two posters that they had had their perspective changed this way. However, having viewed it for some time, I`ve been really disappointed that any decorum has been lost and it seems to be more of a test of recall regarding who posted what and when in 1935, with a dose of whataboutery thrown in. The lack of respect shown is a real shame but hey, that`s the direction over 70million people thought was totally appropriate. At least the forum can`t be stormed.
  • Like 4

Meh, there are quite a few intelligent people that consistently make posts of substance and salience, usually about one or two people that are just there to troll, and maybe one of two more whose arguments don't hold up to scrutiny and don't like that to be shown to be the case in front of the group, and lash out.

Filter out the chaff and it's still a worthwhile destination.

• Like 3

Signatures? I turned that viewing option off like eight years ago. I figured everyone else had done the same by now.

But how are we to read the erudite, insightful stuff people say, or see the fantabulous pictures if we did that?

• Like 1

Signatures? I turned that viewing option off like eight years ago. I figured everyone else had done the same by now.

But how are we to read the erudite, insightful stuff people say, or see the fantabulous pictures if we did that?

If you find that stuff interesting then keep the option on. I got tired of scrolling through all that nonsense just to read the forum. So, I turned it off.

• Like 4

Damn it! How are you gonna know I attended 13 Rush shows in my life and was front row for one of them?

oh wait..................

• Like 2

Meh, there are quite a few intelligent people that consistently make posts of substance and salience, usually about one or two people that are just there to troll, and maybe one of two more whose arguments don't hold up to scrutiny and don't like that to be shown to be the case in front of the group, and lash out.

I agree. I also think that if you'd prefer to limit with whom you have political discussions to people who unequivocally share your views, there are lots of places you can do that. In SOCN you're more likely to be asked to "show your work." If you're more of a, "my gut tells me," person, it's probably not for you.

• Like 2

1618340320[/url]' post='4905366']

Just remember that anything remotely “liberal” or Democrat Party is considered “not holding up to scrutiny” as you say and anything that a right wing member posts is not only righteous but obvious by default. Anyone whose viewpoint cannot be understood or empathised with is considered trolling. If you criticise Christianity (or try to place it in an historical perspective) or libertarians you can only be trolling.

Be wary of the keyboard warriors that call you things that they would never say to your face but insist you are a keyboard warrior when you suggest you’d knock them out if they did.

Edited by Tony R
  • Like 3

Same. I have no interest in seeing anyone's signatures (even mine).

Yours is funny :lol:
  • Like 2

Just remember that anything remotely “liberal” or Democrat Party is considered “not holding up to scrutiny” as you say and anything that a right wing member posts is not only righteous but obvious by default. Anyone whose viewpoint cannot be understood or empathised with is considered trolling. If you criticise Christianity (or try to place it in an historical perspective) or libertarians you can only be trolling.

Be wary of the keyboard warriors that call you things that they would never say to your face but insist you are a keyboard warrior when you suggest you’d knock them out if they did.

If Tony was a major league third baseman instead of a professional martyr who enjoys threatening to beat people up, this is how it would go.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=boMrTKZuvaQ

I didn’t know that anyone other than Zevon recorded this song, though I knew he and Ronstadt had a close working relationship. The Zevon version is much better.

I didn’t know that anyone other than Zevon recorded this song, though I knew he and Ronstadt had a close working relationship. The Zevon version is much better.

I like that version better but I felt this version better exemplified the infantile whinyness of whatever it was that I was responding to.

You lair! I know I was in your signature on CP for awhile. Now I only post with the cell phone so I don't see a thing.

I like that version better but I felt this version better exemplified the infantile whinyness of whatever it was that I was responding to.

Never heard of this song before now. Zevon's voice always struck me as a "novelty song," voice, whereas Ronstadt is one of the all time greats. Put me down for Linda's. I just watched a documentary about her. Really good.

• Like 1

You lair! I know I was in your signature on CP for awhile. Now I only post with the cell phone so I don't see a thing.

Have you seen some of the marquis that pass for signatures here? There are some signatures that are longer than the threads you find them in.

• Like 2

If Tony was a major league third baseman instead of a professional martyr who enjoys threatening to beat people up, this is how it would go.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E0dFx8LeuQE

When have I ever threatened to beat anyone up? If you are confusing me saying there should be consequences for saying certain things to somebody with threatening to beat someone up, your literacy needs questioning. I merely stated that if someone called me a liar to my face then their would be consequences even if it meant ME getting beaten up.