Randomly Generated Poll again! Close To The Edge vs. Jailbreak

Choose one  

25 members have voted

1. 1. album

• Yes - Close To The Edge
    • Thin Lizzy - Jailbreak
  2. 2. band

Another randomly generated poll! Yes - Close To The Edge vs. Thin Lizzy - Jailbreak

Last time I expected a blowout win for Boston over Genesis and have been very surprised by a tie. This time I'm expecting a pretty strong win for Yes, but I know there are a lot of Lizzy fans on here as well.

I love Thin Lizzy, but Close to the Edge is one of my all-time favourite albums. It's perfect.
  • Like 1

Damn your eyes, son! These close ones cause anguishing. The tiebreak for me was "which would I turn up, if it came on in random play?" and that's always gonna be Lizzy. I love Yes -- don't @ me, Yesfriends! -- but Lizzy just sounds like rock and roll to me.

1 and 1a for this one.

• Like 3

A tough one! Are you sure these are randomly generated :lol: they seem very difficult :) I love Close to the Edge, but I went with Jailbreak, it's a personal favorite.

Voted Yes for the band, though, only because Thin Lizzy was so short lived, we never got to hear their full potential.

• Like 2

A tough one! Are you sure these are randomly generated :lol: they seem very difficult :) I love Close to the Edge, but I went with Jailbreak, it's a personal favorite.

Voted Yes for the band, though, only because Thin Lizzy was so short lived, we never got to hear their full potential.

Well it's about as randomly generated as I want it to be. What I do is I pull up my record collection on rateyourmusic.com, then I have the internet roll me a d23 to determine which page I'll pick an album from, then I have it roll a D25 for the particular album. However I have made the personal ruling that if it picks something either I or the community here doesn't know all that well or if it picks one of the like couple of 45s I have in that list, I get to re-roll once.

• Like 2

Well it's about as randomly generated as I want it to be. What I do is I pull up my record collection on rateyourmusic.com, then I have the internet roll me a d23 to determine which page I'll pick an album from, then I have it roll a D25 for the particular album. However I have made the personal ruling that if it picks something either I or the community here doesn't know all that well or if it picks one of the like couple of 45s I have in that list, I get to re-roll once.

Cool! Sounds like an interesting system! The results have brought some good polls so far.

• Like 1

So this is a really hard one. I may not be quite right in my assessment of my own feelings, but I feel bad for Lizzy getting the short end of the stick here, and when I think about it, from a certain perspective their discography is just more consistent than Yes'. There's not a single Yes album I've heard that I don't enjoy, but I have to admit that Big Generator and Tormato feel a bit hollow in a catalogue that includes Close To The Edge and The Yes Album. Thin Lizzy's catalogue just doesn't really have that problem. Even the weaker records that I've heard are pretty narrowly separated from the stronger ones. So I'm giving TL my vote for the best band if only for that reason (and that they're also way cooler), but Close To The Edge is closer to my heart that Jailbreak.
  • Like 1

Cool! Sounds like an interesting system! The results have brought some good polls so far.

Surprisingly! :)

• Like 1