Just Let Star Trek DIE, Pretty Please?

Principled Man

Paramount Pictures has announced a June 9th, 2023 release date for an untitled Star Trek film, according to Variety.

Last month, the studio hired Star Trek: Discovery writer Kalinda Vazquez to pen the script for a movie based on an original idea of hers, but it's unclear if that's the same project.

Edited by Principled Man

Silver lining, it’s not being written by Tarantino.

A huge disappointment to all the fans who want lots of bloody violence and close-ups of Deanna Troi's feet.

• Like 1

A huge disappointment to all the fans who want lots of bloody violence and close-ups of Deanna Troi's feet.

It's like making a G rated Saw or Friday The 13th movie. Star Trek should be for everyone. QT making it R would be a big slap in the face to the Trekkies.

• Like 1

It's like making a G rated Saw or Friday The 13th movie. Star Trek should be for everyone. QT making it R would be a big slap in the face to the Trekkies.

I was excited for that actually. It’s not like they’ve been getting Star Trek right recently.

• Like 1

I was excited for that actually. It’s not like they’ve been getting Star Trek right recently.

The current TV series are laughably bad, and the last film was just about the lamest of all the films.

Just my opinion, but the saga is done. I was the hugest Star Trek fan, but even I know when to honor and bury the dead.

• Like 1

The current TV series are laughably bad, and the last film was just about the lamest of all the films.

Just my opinion, but the saga is done. I was the hugest Star Trek fan, but even I know when to honor and bury the dead.

Reminds me of why I haven't watched The Simpsons in 4 years. That show has long overstayed it's welcome.

You can never have too much Star Trek. May the franchise live for another 50 years.

I was looking forward to the Tarantino idea.

Say what again Morn! I dare you. I double dare you!

The pessimism about Star Trek is really unfounded.

The Kelvin movies aged pretty well, and knowing they're just a side project for the franchise, I can find them enjoyable. Though Into Darkness was awful, Beyond was a legitimate treat. I'd like to see the new movie put a proper bow on the Kelvin timeline.

Discovery started off terrible, but continues to consistently improve. It's become almost watchable with season 3, and only looks to be getting better.

Picard was a terrific follow up to Nemesis, and I'm ecstatic to see where they take it with Q in season 2. I love seeing Picard back in action, and I love the new characters. Can't wait for more.

Lower Decks is a brilliant love letter to the franchise with a ton of great jokes for die hard fans.

Strange New Worlds has a lot of potential and a killer cast lined up. Seriously, Anson Mount is the perfect Captain Pike...

And the section 31 show could go a lot of different great directions. I hope to God it's a Romulan war show with some Enterprise callbacks.

For its ups and downs, modern Trek has turned out more good than bad, and it's only becoming increasingly good. I'm pumped for more.

Edited by KenJennings

I've been a huge Trek fan for 45 years, and I loved Discovery from the beginning (despite truly hating the Klingon changes). And yes, Discovery was at its best last season.

Picard was terribly underwhelming. I was disappointed. But it was watchable and I expect them to right the ship.

There's no need to end Trek. The ideals mattered and still matter.

I am ecstatic that Tarantino is out. What a stupid idea. I like his movies, but his vision for Trek would likely be horrible. I don't see him being interested unless he can ruin it.

The pessimism about Star Trek is really unfounded.

The Kelvin movies aged pretty well, and knowing they're just a side project for the franchise, I can find them enjoyable. Though Into Darkness was awful, Beyond was a legitimate treat. I'd like to see the new movie put a proper bow on the Kelvin timeline.

Discovery started off terrible, but continues to consistently improve. It's become almost watchable with season 3, and only looks to be getting better.

Picard was a terrific follow up to Nemesis, and I'm ecstatic to see where they take it with Q in season 2. I love seeing Picard back in action, and I love the new characters. Can't wait for more.

Lower Decks is a brilliant love letter to the franchise with a ton of great jokes for die hard fans.

Strange New Worlds has a lot of potential and a killer cast lined up. Seriously, Anson Mount is the perfect Captain Pike...

And the section 31 show could go a lot of different great directions. I hope to God it's a Romulan war show with some Enterprise callbacks.

For its ups and downs, modern Trek has turned out more good than bad, and it's only becoming increasingly good. I'm pumped for more.

I mostly agree with all that. Surprisingly...I mean really surprising Lower Decks might be favorite of modern Trek, it brings me pure joy.