The Flower Kings

Relayer2112

Anyone else out there like this band? I stumbled upon them on Spotify and am really impressed with their last two albums (Waiting for Miracles and Islands). I think they manage to maintain a highly original sound while still capturing that classic progressive sound which I though had been lost forever.
  • Like 2

Anyone else out there like this band? I stumbled upon them on Spotify and am really impressed with their last two albums (Waiting for Miracles and Islands). I think they manage to maintain a highly original sound while still capturing that classic progressive sound which I though had been lost forever.

Indeed they are a fantastic progressive rock band!

Roine Stolt is one of my favourite guitarists and very much encapsulates the Flower King sound.

I have all 14 of their studio albums but they have been in a particularly rich vein of form for their last five albums.

I would suggest working in reverse order and try Desolation Rose, Banks Of Eden and The Sum Of No Evil next.

• Like 2

I love Roine's guitar tone. He doesn't overplay or shred for the sake of shredding. Combine that with the great vocals, nice lyrics and other outstanding musicians and this band is a keeper.

For the first time in a long time, I had to put some effort into listening to really appreciate what the band is trying to do. I feel this band is worth the effort.

• Like 2

One of my favourite bands. I have all their albums and live dvds.

I first discovered them when Roine Stolt toured with Steve Hackett's band. Roine is an amazing player. I immediately checked out both Flower Kings and Transatlantic.

They're definitely worth checking out :yes:

• Like 2

I adore them. they're very classic 70's prog but Rione with his guitar gives them their own flavour.

Some of my fav albums.

Back in the World of Adventures

Stardust We Are

Flower Power (mainly for the suite on disc 1)

Space Revolver

Paradox Hotel

Banks of Eden

i haven't liked their recent albums as much. Their not the same without Tomas. he was a key ingredient in their sound. but man their older stuff.......i love it.

Mick

• Like 3