Ocean Views: Retirement Living on Florida’s Atlantic Coast

JohnRogers

The wife and I want to live out our retirement ocean front on A1A. Where should we explore that possibility and why?

Cocoa Beach. Close to Cape Canaveral.

Yes, that is on my list.

I haven't checked where Menafee County is, but it looks likely to have some cheap real estate available . . .

New Smyrna may have lots of sharks, but it was a great beach, and not too crowded. (The last thing may be related to the first thing).

I haven't checked where Menafee County is, but it looks likely to have some cheap real estate available . . .

New Smyrna may have lots of sharks, but it was a great beach, and not too crowded. (The last thing may be related to the first thing).

New Smyrna is a nice beach! My parents spent a few winters down there. Neil Young's mom lived out her last few years there.

• Like 2

The wife and I want to live out our retirement ocean front on A1A. Where should we explore that possibility and why?

That was my immediate thought. Nice area.
  • Like 1

Check out palm coast just between Daytona and St Augustine.

We did that today. To include heading north to Amelia Island.

Anyplace that a cat 4 or 5 won't target.

That's any coastal area. I've also seen that parts of SE Alabama can be vulnerable too. 24178464-7956275-Trump_doubled_down_on_the_claim_and_extended_the_Hurricane_s_exp-a-32_1580596679143.jpg

Yes.

That was my immediate thought. Nice area.

Cocoa Beach was my plan for today. I did a bit of research. My wife read one negative blog post last night. So it was north of Daytona we went. A1A through St Augustine then on the ferry at Jacksonville Beach to Amelia Island.

I’m glad we did it but explained that Cocoa Beach would be covered next time.

Anyplace that a cat 4 or 5 won't target.

That's any coastal area. I've also seen that parts of SE Alabama can be vulnerable too. 24178464-7956275-Trump_doubled_down_on_the_claim_and_extended_the_Hurricane_s_exp-a-32_1580596679143.jpg

:lol: