You know you're a prog rock fan when...

Flavia2112

Okay, so this is like the "You know you're a Rush fan when" thread, but for prog bands other than Rush. This ought to be interesting. Here goes.

You know you're a prog fan when...

You dye your wolfhound purple

Your favorite colors are pink and crimson

You always put your drink way too "close to the edge" of the table

• Like 2

When I drink beer on a Saturday I get too 'close to the edge' and the next day I feel somewhat 'fragile'
  • Like 4

I've been known to be casually dismissive of a pop song by referring to it as "one of those verse verse chorus verse chorus bridge chorus chorus things."
  • Like 3

"Hey, come listen to the song I just found by this really cool band from the 70s!"

"Sure, okay, how long is it?"

"Oh it's really short"

...six minutes later...

"I thought you said it was short?"

"Oh...yeah well, short is relative."

• Like 4

When I drink beer on a Saturday I get too 'close to the edge' and the next day I feel somewhat 'fragile'

When you correct zepphead saying that Fragile comes first :lol:

• Like 2

You've got a point.

• Like 2

"Hey, come listen to the song I just found by this really cool band from the 70s!"

"Sure, okay, how long is it?"

"Oh it's really short"

...six minutes later...

"I thought you said it was short?"

"Oh...yeah well, short is relative."

6-min? We call that "radio friendly"!
  • Like 6

You've got a point.

I must humbly apologise ...... it was 'a momentary lapse of reason' for which I must be banished to 'the dark side of the moon'
  • Like 5

You've got a point.

I must humbly apologise ...... it was 'a momentary lapse of reason' for which I must be banished to 'the dark side of the moon'

Ummm...Dark Side of the Moon was released before A Momentary Lapse of Reason. :lol:

• Like 2

You've got a point.

Ummm...Dark Side of the Moon was released before A Momentary Lapse of Reason. :lol:

101lwn.jpg
  • Like 1

You're impatiently waiting for something and start tapping your feet in 9/8 time.

oh my gosh that is hilarious

Not just hilarious, entirely accurate, lol. I'm not always tapping out weird time signatures, but more often than not I'm trying to weasel some unnecessary complexity into my foot tapping, finger tapping, air drumming repertoire.

• Like 2

The way you get through a long road trip is a set of lengthy prog rock songs.

Tried this out one time when I went with my mom on I-15 to St. George, UT 6 years ago this month for my niece's 2nd birthday. I programmed my iPhone to play Echoes and Atom Heart Mother by Pink Floyd from east of Calico Ghost Town to near the California Nevada border.

• Like 2