Prog rock duo Crown Lands pay tribute to Rush on new tracks

Yeah, lots of easter eggs there, along with the suspended chords or whatever they're called. I don't care for the sound of those toms, though.

The oversized 80s Geddy Lee glasses are amusing

Edited by toymaker

Yeah, lots of easter eggs there, along with the suspended chords or whatever they're called. I don't care for the sound of those toms, though.

• Like 2

I listened to their debut album today and musically it’s really good. Vocally it kinda rubs me the wrong way especially when he gets up into the higher part of his register. He’s going for Geddy/Plant but it ends up sounding more like the Greta Van Fleet guy. Like these guys way more than GVF though. Still think they’ve got a lot of talent and it’s a good thing that a band that sounds like this is getting some buzz/attention.
  • Like 1

Duos are cool!

White Stripes

ZOMBI

Crown Lands

Oh and the project I was on with my nephew Hunter. We recorded a four track cd ep under the band name THE COLOR SIX.

He laid down all the vocals, guitar, bass, keys and then I came in the studio and nailed down the drum tracks. So fuckking fun!!!

RUSH ON!

Edited by RUSHHEAD666

Just listened to both those videos. Quite good, limited by being a duo?

Yeah - what's their deal live? I'm a bit confused by one "live" video I've seen which only shows the two of them, but plays in slow motion with no sound...?

Edited by toymaker
  • Like 1

I agree with the person who said they don’t line the sound of the drums. They’re way too compressed.

With that said, I’ve still been listening to these two songs the last couple of days and they’ve grown on me a lot. One thing they nail about Rush that a lot of bands who imitate them don’t quite do is the energy. These *feel* like ‘70s Rush in addition to sounding like it. I still don’t love the singer but I’m all the way in and will definitely try to catch them live whenever concerts are allowed to happen again

To those who don't like the sound of the compressed drums.

The Rolling Stone article does state that the duo worked with Nick Raskulinecz.

I'm aware that a lot of RUSH fans don't like Raskulinecz's production work on Snakes & Arrows and Clockwork Angels.

In the bigger picture, the loudness war scenario and the sound of MP3 files have altered people's listening habits.

I've said this before, wouldn't it be great if every record of every genre had Steely Dan listening quality to it? There would be no complaints.

We all want analog sound but like the benefits of living in a digital world where things are more convenient and faster.

Sometimes I think the human race needs new ears, just sayin'.

Edited by RushFanForever
  • Like 2

To those who don't like the sound of the compressed drums.

The Rolling Stone article does state that the duo worked with Nick Raskulinecz.

I'm aware that a lot of RUSH fans don't like Raskulinecz's production work on Snakes & Arrows and Clockwork Angels.

In the bigger picture, the loudness war scenario and the sound of MP3 files have altered people's listening habits.

I've said this before, wouldn't it be great if every record of every genre had Steely Dan listening quality to it? There would be no complaints.

We all want analog sound but like the benefits of living in a digital world where things are more convenient and faster.

Sometimes I think the human race needs new ears, just sayin'.

A rock tom-tom should should sound like "doooomm"; these ones just go "boop."

I agree with the person who said they don’t line the sound of the drums. They’re way too compressed.

With that said, I’ve still been listening to these two songs the last couple of days and they’ve grown on me a lot. One thing they nail about Rush that a lot of bands who imitate them don’t quite do is the energy. These *feel* like ‘70s Rush in addition to sounding like it. I still don’t love the singer but I’m all the way in and will definitely try to catch them live whenever concerts are allowed to happen again

Very true on the drum sound. I do like the band.

I hear so many bands still.

WOLFMOTHER

STONE FURY

KINGDOM COME

LENNY WOLF Solo Stuff

RIVAL SONS

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kCimXv5LzcY

He's great Pat, but I don't like his chemistry in DT. Give me the Kevin Moore Days. I like Derek more as well.

• Like 1

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kCimXv5LzcY

He's great Pat, but I don't like his chemistry in DT. Give me the Kevin Moore Days. I like Derek more as well.

Check out the new LTE!

I prefer kevin and derek too.

Why are they all better with tony levin ten they ever were with myung?