The 2021 NFL Season

Principled Man

Blockbuster Trade!! :o :o :o

49ers give the Dolphins their 1st Round pick (#12), their 3rd Round compensatory pick, AND their 1st Round picks in 2022 and 2023.

49ers get the Dolphins' 1st Round Pick (#3)

They're obviously lining up to draft their next QB to replace Jimmy G. Only question is, who will it be? Unlikely that Zach Wilson will be there as the Jets are supposedly going to take him with pick #2 and obviously Lawrence will go to Jax with pick #1.

The 49ers "say" that they're all good with Garoppolo. I think they're all good with him for this year.

I cannot see any team giving up that much to draft a wide receiver or O-lineman.

Exactly. I'm hearing Trey Lance but I don't think he has the necessary accuracy and I've read that Fields is a one read only Qb and that doesn't sound like a Shanahan QB either. My darkhorse is Mac Jones from Bama.

Jets send Sam Darnold to the Jaguars Panthers for their 6th round pick and 2022 2nd and 4th round picks. Edited by Principled Man

Jets send Sam Darnold to the Jaguars for their 6th round pick and 2022 2nd and 4th round picks.

Panthers, not Jaguars, right?

Jets send Sam Darnold to the Jaguars Panthers for their 6th round pick and 2022 2nd and 4th round picks.

Panthers, not Jaguars, right?

Yes. It's been a long day. 3 hours sleep just don't cut it..... :laughing guy:

Edited by Principled Man
  • Like 1

Jason Smith: “The Aaron Rodgers situation with the Packers is going to blow up when Rodgers has all the momentum in the world. It’s silent right now but Rodgers still wants out, and the Packers still hate him and want to move on. This offseason should have been Aaron Rodgers getting a long-term commit – NOPE – we’re not seeing that. ‘Hey, let’s do something with his contract so it makes it easier for to do…’ NOPE, they didn’t help each other. They didn’t go out and get players for Aaron Rodgers because he’s taking up too much money in their salary cap. Everything is still the same as a year ago. When they drafted Jordan Love, they’re going to give the job to Jordan Love and Aaron Rodgers is going to be out. It’s going to happen THIS YEAR, and Aaron Rodgers is waiting because he’s going to play his leverage at the exact right moment, either right at the Draft or right before the Draft, and he’s going to say "YOU GET ME TO 'TEAM X' OR I’M GOING TO SIT HOME IN NORTHERN CALIFORNIA AND JUST WAIT UNTIL IT HAPPENS"… The Niners trade up to get the number three pick knowing that at some point, either right before the Draft or leading up to it, Aaron Rodgers is going to play that card of ‘You’re going to trade me to the 49ers or I’m going to sit at home' and the 49ers are going to say ‘we will give you the number three overall pick and get you Justin Fields, and you give us Aaron Rodgers.’ That’s my hot take, the number three pick will wind up going to the Packers and Aaron Rodgers gets traded to the 49ers.”

:lol:

Alex Smith retiring from NFL after completing remarkable comeback from leg injury. He's a class act and I enjoyed his performance here at Utah and the 2004 Fiesta Bowl. Original BCS buster, he had rotten luck with the 49'ers but he was hard working and unassuming. After watching the ESPN special on how he saved his leg, I was astonished that he was going to play last season. Amazing guy. Hope he plans on coaching or being involved in football in some way, he's too good to lose.

Edited by Rhyta
  • Like 5

Round 6: Packers select OL Cole Van Lauren (Wisconsin Badgers), who grew up just outside of Green Bay.

The Packers draft Badgers so rarely that this young man must be flying HIGH right now. :ebert: :ebert:

Soon to be several new millionaires in the country because they can play a game well.

Yeah, f**k basic economics and free markets. We need the state to tell people how much they can make.

Tabloid media schmuck Adam Shefter has admitted to fabricating the Aaron Rodgers story that was released on Draft Day.

He had no sources. It was all bullshit....imagine that.

Tabloid media schmuck Adam Shefter has admitted to fabricating the Aaron Rodgers story that was released on Draft Day.

Wow really?

Link please!

Link please!

No direct information from either Rodgers or the Packers.

Nothing but stuff that he's heard from this guy and that guy over the past several months.

https://www.jsonline...nfo/4976810001/

Edited by Principled Man

Julio Jones to Titans for a 2 plus possibly lower picks.

A faction of dumb Packers fans is outraged! They expected the team to make the Big Trade!! :laughing guy:

A faction of dumb Packers fans is outraged! They expected the team to make the Big Trade!! :laughing guy:

Are you aware that Rodgers gave up 500K by not showing up for OTAs a while back? I know you think this a lot of Schefter hot air, but man........ And yeah I get that a level of cash like that to him is not what it would mean to us but still a large chunk.

Are you aware that Rodgers gave up 500K by not showing up for OTAs a while back?

Of course I'm aware of it. I couldn't care less about it.

They'll either resolve the rift or they won't. Life goes on. After all, it's just entertainment.