Hold Your Fire is as bad ass and metal as Poison or Warrant

JohnRogers

Hold Your Fire kicks ass, dudes.  

14 members have voted

1. 1. Hold Your Fire is as bad ass and metal as anything by Poison or Warrant

• Yes, it rocks in your face.
    • Yeah maybe, I never really concidered it.
    • No, that album is flaccid.
    • It's not awesome NY style pizza bad ass, more like Chicago style messy casserole like Peter Cetera.

I don't know about who is more metal, but what is beyond doubt is that both Poison and Warrant are both utter shite....

Shite metal.

• Like 1

I actually have grown to like Warrant a bit.

Poison? Never.

Even they hated Cherry Pie. They were forced by Columbia Records to write it just to make it a hit. Uncle Tom's Cabin was gonna be the album title as well. Rather pointless since I Saw Red would have become a hit anyways by following the "1st single a rocker, 2nd single a ballad" formula these bands did.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ks5PlWdGrWs

• Like 1

Poison? Never.

Even they hated Cherry Pie. They were forced by Columbia Records to write it just to make it a hit. Uncle Tom's Cabin was gonna be the album title as well. Rather pointless since I Saw Red would have become a hit anyways by following the "1st single a rocker, 2nd single a ballad" formula these bands did.

Dog Eat Dog is definitely Warrant's best album imho. (I myself don't seek this music out, my parents are the only reason I have an opinion on it).

Edited by spaceaudity11
  • Like 1

Poison? Never.

Dog Eat Dog is definitely Warrant's best album imho. (I myself don't seek this music out, my parents are the only reason I have an opinion on it).

Boomers that dig Warrant are lit af.

Poison? Never.

Guessing her parents aren't boomers.

Poison? Never.

Yeah, no. My parents are Gen X.

Poison? Never.

Yeah, no. My parents are Gen X.

Mine are boomers but I'm in between X and millennials in what some call "Oregon Trail generation" and, yes, I did play that computer game a lot in school. I knew what dysentery was before that Blink 182 song about Gary. :lol:

Poison? Never.

Wow!

You know your stuff! "Dog Eat Dog" is Warrant's best album.

I actually am in love with BLACK N BLUE so I love the Warrant album with Jamie St. James called "Born Again." Excellent album.

I've been on this forum "Forever" to quote a Y&T song and many Rush Snobs on here will always rip hair metal or anything in that genre.

These people know who they are and have no flair for the melodic mainstream metal that is so wonderful for the enigmatic ears of our own private musical passions.

Listening to "Wind And Wuthering" right now. I bet these same humans who hate hair metal and melody in their music hate the Genesis stuff without Peter. It's immaculate.

I actually feel sorry for people who just don't get it.

Bands like White Lion, Black N Blue, Vain, XYZ, Dokken, Night Ranger, Y&T, White Sister, Autograph, Zebra, Poison, Skid Row, Cinderella, even the first three Bon Jovi albums. Every Whitesanke MK.

Rush Forum Snobs hate STEEL PANTHER.

I see a pattern here.

Sadly many people on here can't relax and enjoy some fun melodic rock about FUCKKING, DRINKING, PARTYING and just having some FUN!!!

I miss that in my rock and roll.

Of course I can put on intellectual stuff too like RUSH. But really?

People on here hate KISS.

You Rush Fools don't scare me. My credentials are worldwide with RUSH.

I can blow anyone of you away. But really who cares.

KISS saved the Almighty RUSH ASS.

Yet many of you so-call Rush Lovers blast KISS.

Keep

It

Stupid

Simple

Knights

In

Satan's

Service

Ruling

Under

Satan's

Hands

LOL!

It's all bullshit.

Found

On

Road

Dead

First

On

Race

Day

Pick your "POISON" and I will challenge anyone on this old boring Forum.

Well Pat blows me away.

A few others are in my league too.

But for all of you posers who just choose to jack off to the "Permanent Waves" album cover can just.....

choose "FREEWILL!"

LOL!!

HAIR METAL RULES! IT'S FUCKKING FUN! UNLIKE YOU OLD BORING REDUNDANT RUSH RADICALS!!

Most of you who bitch about Hair Metal have probably never even seen RUSH live.

LOL!!

"HOLD YOUR FIRE" IS A METAL MASTERPIECE! DUH!

One of the funnest albums to play on the drums.

You fools who hate Tai Shan make me laugh.

Alex's guitar parts are fuckking METAL.

I must have eyes for ears and a mouth for a penis.

Signing the fukk off.....

RUSHHEAD666

You guys want to cum at me?

I'm ready baby.

"Ready N Willin"

Signed,

WHITESNAKE

Edited by RUSHHEAD666
  • Like 3

Warrant isn't my piece of pie, but a lot of those big hair bands were okay. It was a phase, like many others, that came and went. Some bands like Motley Crue carried on (unfortunately) but most of them faded away. But, I hear Winger is coming out with a new album soon or maybe already has. I think the title is "She's Now 50, And Too Damn Old For Me". :syrinx:

Warrant isn't my piece of pie, but a lot of those big hair bands were okay. It was a phase, like many others, that came and went. Some bands like Motley Crue carried on (unfortunately) but most of them faded away. But, I hear Winger is coming out with a new album soon or maybe already has. I think the title is "She's Now 50, And Too Damn Old For Me". :syrinx:

:ph34r: :outtahere:

From the Orlando Sentinel - Feb 14, 1988

Rush Exchanges Heavy-Metal Image For Mature Musical Style

Few bands have mirrored rock's stylistic changes over the last two decades as effectively as Rush. From its heavy-metal beginnings, the band evolved through an art-rock phase and now plays a complicated style more like jazz- rock fusion.

"It's certainly closer to that," Lifeson said, "than Bon Jovi or Cinderella."

Lee sees Hold Your Fire as a potential turning point for the band. "I feel really good about the album. This to me is an arrival record, like we climbed up a hill and now we've gotten to the top and we have to decide where we go from here. . . . "

Poison? Never.

Wow!

I actually am in love with BLACK N BLUE so I love the Warrant album with Jamie St. James called "Born Again." Excellent album.

I've been on this forum "Forever" to quote a Y&T song and many Rush Snobs on here will always rip hair metal or anything in that genre.

These people know who they are and have no flair for the melodic mainstream metal that is so wonderful for the enigmatic ears of our own private musical passions.

Listening to "Wind And Wuthering" right now. I bet these same humans who hate hair metal and melody in their music hate the Genesis stuff without Peter. It's immaculate.

Bands like White Lion, Black N Blue, Vain, XYZ, Dokken, Night Ranger, Y&T, White Sister, Autograph, Zebra, Poison, Skid Row, Cinderella, even the first three Bon Jovi albums. Every Whitesanke MK.

I see a pattern here.

Sadly many people on here can't relax and enjoy some fun melodic rock about FUCKKING, DRINKING, PARTYING and just having some FUN!!!

Keep

It

Stupid

Simple

Knights

In

Satan's

Service

Ruling

Under

Satan's

Hands

LOL!

It's all bullshit.

Found

On

Road

Dead

First

On

Race

Day

Well Pat blows me away.

But for all of you posers who just choose to jack off to the "Permanent Waves" album cover can just.....

choose "FREEWILL!"

LOL!!

HAIR METAL RULES! IT'S FUCKKING FUN! UNLIKE YOU OLD BORING REDUNDANT RUSH RADICALS!!

LOL!!

RUSHHEAD666

I'm ready baby.

"Ready N Willin"

Signed,

WHITESNAKE

Earl lives!

• Like 1

Poison? Never.

Wow!

I see a pattern here.

Keep

It

Stupid

Simple

Knights

In

Satan's

Service

Ruling

Under

Satan's

Hands

LOL!

It's all bullshit.

Found

On

Road

Dead

First

On

Race

Day

Well Pat blows me away.

choose "FREEWILL!"

LOL!!

LOL!!

RUSHHEAD666

I'm ready baby.

"Ready N Willin"

Signed,

WHITESNAKE

Earl lives!

He blew me off for drinks at the Seventh Veil and I was buying.

Poison? Never.

Wow!

I see a pattern here.

Keep

It

Stupid

Simple

Knights

In

Satan's

Service

Ruling

Under

Satan's

Hands

LOL!

It's all bullshit.

Found

On

Road

Dead

First

On

Race

Day

Well Pat blows me away.

choose "FREEWILL!"

LOL!!

LOL!!

RUSHHEAD666

I'm ready baby.

"Ready N Willin"

Signed,

WHITESNAKE

Earl lives!

But why?

Poison? Never.

Wow!

I see a pattern here.

Keep

It

Stupid

Simple

Knights

In

Satan's

Service

Ruling

Under

Satan's

Hands

LOL!

It's all bullshit.

Found

On

Road

Dead

First

On

Race

Day

Well Pat blows me away.

choose "FREEWILL!"

LOL!!

LOL!!

RUSHHEAD666

I'm ready baby.

"Ready N Willin"

Signed,

WHITESNAKE

Earl lives!

But why?

Because I called Y&T a one hit wonder unworthy of opening up for Trixter?

• Like 1

Poison? Never.

Wow!

I see a pattern here.

Keep

It

Stupid

Simple

Knights

In

Satan's

Service

Ruling

Under

Satan's

Hands

LOL!

It's all bullshit.

Found

On

Road

Dead

First

On

Race

Day

Well Pat blows me away.

choose "FREEWILL!"

LOL!!

LOL!!

RUSHHEAD666

I'm ready baby.

"Ready N Willin"

Signed,

WHITESNAKE

Earl lives!

But why?

He also loves Jackyl!

http://themetalden.com/wp-content/uploads/Jackyl-logo.jpg

Poison? Never.

Wow!

I see a pattern here.

Keep

It

Stupid

Simple

Knights

In

Satan's

Service

Ruling

Under

Satan's

Hands

LOL!

It's all bullshit.

Found

On

Road

Dead

First

On

Race

Day

Well Pat blows me away.

choose "FREEWILL!"

LOL!!

LOL!!

RUSHHEAD666

I'm ready baby.

"Ready N Willin"

Signed,

WHITESNAKE

Earl lives!

But why?

He also loves Jackyl!

Power tools aren't metal.

• Like 1

Poison? Never.

Wow!

I see a pattern here.

Keep

It

Stupid

Simple

Knights

In

Satan's

Service

Ruling

Under

Satan's

Hands

LOL!

It's all bullshit.

Found

On

Road

Dead

First

On

Race

Day

Well Pat blows me away.

choose "FREEWILL!"

LOL!!

LOL!!

RUSHHEAD666

I'm ready baby.

"Ready N Willin"

Signed,

WHITESNAKE

Earl lives!

But why?

He also loves Jackyl!

Earl also loves Bang Tango!

bang_tango_photo_logo-2014_2.jpg

• Like 1

Poison? Never.

Wow!

I see a pattern here.

Keep

It

Stupid

Simple

Knights

In

Satan's

Service

Ruling

Under

Satan's

Hands

LOL!

It's all bullshit.

Found

On

Road

Dead

First

On

Race

Day

Well Pat blows me away.

choose "FREEWILL!"

LOL!!

LOL!!

RUSHHEAD666

I'm ready baby.

"Ready N Willin"

Signed,

WHITESNAKE

Earl lives!

JR! I honestly don't remember us meeting there! Is this just a Motley Crue reference? Never been to the Seventh Veil! The Viper Room, The Rainbow, The Whiskey, fuckk yesss!

• Like 1

Poison? Never.

Wow!

I see a pattern here.

Keep

It

Stupid

Simple

Knights

In

Satan's

Service

Ruling

Under

Satan's

Hands

LOL!

It's all bullshit.

Found

On

Road

Dead

First

On

Race

Day

Well Pat blows me away.

choose "FREEWILL!"

LOL!!

LOL!!

RUSHHEAD666

I'm ready baby.

"Ready N Willin"

Signed,

WHITESNAKE

Earl lives!

But why?

He also loves Jackyl!

Earl also loves Bang Tango!

bang_tango_photo_logo-2014_2.jpg

The first record is EXCELLENT!

• Like 1

Poison? Never.

Wow!

I see a pattern here.

Keep

It

Stupid

Simple

Knights

In

Satan's

Service

Ruling

Under

Satan's

Hands

LOL!

It's all bullshit.

Found

On

Road

Dead

First

On

Race

Day

Well Pat blows me away.

choose "FREEWILL!"

LOL!!

LOL!!

RUSHHEAD666

I'm ready baby.

"Ready N Willin"

Signed,

WHITESNAKE

Earl lives!

But why?

He also loves Jackyl!

I'm not a fan of Jackyl. But I LOVE JUNKYARD!!!! Saw them live at the Bottom Of The Hill in SF. One month before we were all on lockdown. Hung out with the band! They were all fukking cool!!!!

BLOOZE!

• Like 1