Music Map - bands and related bands

treeduck

I put in Asia and I saw the name Squackett.

Squackett = Chris Squire + Steve Hackett :)
  • Like 3

Apparently I'm a fan of Lynyrd Skynyrd because I dig ZZ Top. Wrong.

This thing will never work for me. Although my tastes are diverse, they're also pretty discriminating based on weird personal preferences.

Heart is a bit bizarre, too.

Edited by toymaker

Nope it's shit.

Absolute complete & utter bollocks.

"I probably get [the question] a lot more when I'm talking to American writers than I do [at home in England]," Anderson said. "It's not really a big deal over here. It was in a year where it was a new category for 'hard rock' forward slash 'metal' and that category still exists today … and we were, for some strange reason, nominated. And at the time, no one paid any attention to the fact that we were nominated. There was not a peep out of anyone. Because they thought there's no way JETHRO TULL are gonna win it. Nor IGGY POP, nor JANE'S ADDICTION. It's going to be METALLICA because they were the huge, new, straight-out-of-the-box, enormous, hit talent that year and everybody took it for granted that METALLICA were gonna win the Grammy, including METALLICA themselves. And when it was ordered to JETHRO TULL, to a barrage of boos and hisses and gasps of disbelief, I'd like to think that it wasn't that the six thousand voting members of the National Academy Of Recording Arts And Sciences were voting for JETHRO TULL as a heavy rock band or a heavy metal band. They gave us the award because we were a bunch of nice guys who never won a Grammy before. And sad to relate, even after all these years, there is still no category for best one-legged flute player. Otherwise, I'd be winning it every year."

• Like 1

I've seen the Music Map around on-line including, while using search engine websites.

Little Richard not featured with Larry Williams. Britney Spears, Billie Eilish, Alice in Chains and one "Bo Diddly" :facepalm: on the same map instead. :givebeer:

I started entering current bands I have been listening to. Opeth, Tool, Gojira....and it kept showing me a name that I recognized but did not know well.

Devin Townsend.

Thanks for the post Ducky! A weekend full of new (for me) music to enjoy!

Edited by thesweetscience
  • Like 1