What's you least favorite song by your favorite band?

Mine's Coming Soon by Queen. I've just never gotten into it. From my point of view, despite a couple of odd timings, it's a very paint by numbers attempt at new wave and Queen rarely every did anything "paint-by-numbers." They always succeeded the most from going really outside the box (or sometimes failed the most, but usually in the most interesting ways). Coming Soon just feels very safe, average, unoffensive...not Queen.
  • Like 1

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vdAHK7TQhsQ

I don't hate Bugs like most PJ fans. It's far from their best but it's good if you're in the mood for a Tom Waits sounding weird song. Stupid Mop just drones on and on. It should have just ended on Immortality since all the other albums end on good ballads.

Edited by invisible airwave
  • Like 1

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vdAHK7TQhsQ

I don't hate Bugs like most PJ fans. It's far from their best but it's good if you're in the mood for a Tom Waits sounding weird song. Stupid Mop just drones on and on. It should have just ended on Immortality since all the other albums end on good ballads.

I have to admit, Stupid Mop is about the only song that comes to mind that I ever skip... and I skip it every time. Immortality is a great closer. Stupid Mop is.... less listenable than Revolution 9.

• Like 1

The Beatles - "What's the New Mary Jane"

There is a reason the Beatles didn't release it during the band's lifespan. It's boring and it lacks the wit and inspiration of similar type songs. It's simply bad. The acoustic demo version is superior.

The Beatles - "What's the New Mary Jane"

There is a reason the Beatles didn't release it during the band's lifespan. It's boring and it lacks the wit and inspiration of similar type songs. It's simply bad. The acoustic demo version is superior.

Hm, I've never heard of this one. I wish I could say I'll go check it out but if it's as bad as you say it is I'd rather not, lol.

The worst for Beatles has to be Wild Honey Pie. Rev 9 is a song the way John Cage 4:33 and Fitter Happier by Radiohead are songs.

Production wise, Mary's New Car from Tom Petty should have been a B side and replaced by Trailer for Southern Accents. Not terrible but it's just "there" as filler.

Mine's Coming Soon by Queen. I've just never gotten into it. From my point of view, despite a couple of odd timings, it's a very paint by numbers attempt at new wave and Queen rarely every did anything "paint-by-numbers." They always succeeded the most from going really outside the box (or sometimes failed the most, but usually in the most interesting ways). Coming Soon just feels very safe, average, unoffensive...not Queen.

My least favorite Queen song is More Of That Jazz. Just a boring song, and to be honest, I find most of the songs where Taylor is singing boring, not a fan of his singing voice (I love when he was doing his screaming in the early records tho!). I think I like 2 of his songs, and that is I'm In Love With My Car and The Loser In The End (mostly because of the great lyrics).

Another song I don't like that much is Funny How Love Is, but that is probably mostly because I feel it does not fit rest of the record.

Edited by YYZumbi

I don't hate it as much as I used to, but I still wish to never hear it again, although that guitar solo is a nice break, it's still not worth it.

Even Tommy and JY didn't like that DeYoung was pretty much forcing this type of song onto the album, after they already did Babe on the same album.

• Like 2

Of all the silly tripe that Queen put out, that's the one? Now that's a head-scratcher.
  • Like 1

I have to agree with invisible airwave that Revolution 9 isn't an actual song. If you want to count it as such, then that gets my vote. If not, it's hard for me to come up with Beatles songs I don't like. As he said, Wild Honey Pie is a disjointed oddity. For a full length song I guess All Together Now is one of my skip the track songs. The one verse is simplistic as hell even for McCartney and the chorus is boringly repetitive.

Not a huge fan of When I'm Sixty-Four either. There's a few others that I skip but not many.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=URr-OyIEo3c

I don't hate it as much as I used to, but I still wish to never hear it again, although that guitar solo is a nice break, it's still not worth it.

Even Tommy and JY didn't like that DeYoung was pretty much forcing this type of song onto the album, after they already did Babe on the same album.

As far as Styx goes I would choose Babe ..... I always detested that song!
  • Like 2

My least favorite Queen song is More Of That Jazz. Just a boring song, and to be honest, I find most of the songs where Taylor is singing boring, not a fan of his singing voice (I love when he was doing his screaming in the early records tho!). I think I like 2 of his songs, and that is I'm In Love With My Car and The Loser In The End (mostly because of the great lyrics).

Another song I don't like that much is Funny How Love Is, but that is probably mostly because I feel it does not fit rest of the record.

Funny How Love is definitely the oddball on Queen II. Probably my least favorite song from that record as well. Great record though!

I love Roger's songs! But I get why someone wouldn't. He's got a very different kind of voice from Freddie and from Brian, and he's always trying to do something the other songwriters haven't thought to do. Those two that you do like though are definitely some of his best. Loser In The End indeed has great lyrics!

• Like 1

Of all the silly tripe that Queen put out, that's the one? Now that's a head-scratcher.

Come on, lay it on me. What's all this "silly tripe" in their catalogue? :poke:

But yeah I definitely don't think it's the most popular choice for least favorite Queen song. What can I say. I like songs that leave an impact, even if it's a kind of bad impact. Coming Soon is pretty much room temperature water in terms of leaving an impact.

You're in company with Tommy, JY, and the Panozzo brothers on that opinion. Last I heard they used to make fun of Babe in concert once Dennis was out of the band.

• Like 1

You're in company with Tommy, JY, and the Panozzo brothers on that opinion. Last I heard they used to make fun of Babe in concert once Dennis was out of the band.

And ya know, it was originally their idea to put Babe on Cornerstone! DeYoung wrote it for his wife to play at their anniversary, somehow the rest of the band heard it and they liked it so they made a guitar solo and agreed to put it on, but once DeYoung wanted to do another slow sappy ballad (First Time) thats when it crossed the line for them.

Also I'm not sure about JY and Chuck, but I know Tommy was making fun of Babe at Damn Yankees shows including their reunion ones.

• Like 1

Truly vomitous.

Styx is not even close to a favourite band - and it's this kind of song that explains why. Their good songs are great, though.

Also stomach-turning and loose-stool-making.

Edited by toymaker
  • Like 2

At least you didn't pick Body Language, as many diehard Queen fans would pick. And once again, I am saying this, but this song is incredibly underrated.
  • Like 1

Lazing on a Sunday Afternoon and anything in that vein...Delilah, the cat song...

Lazing on a Sunday Afternoon and anything in that vein...Delilah, the cat song...

I love those!

What's your least favourite song by Priest and Rush?

What's your least favourite song by Priest and Rush?

My least favorite Rush song is probably Heresy. Maybe Neurotica or Faithless. Priest is a much more difficult question because I haven’t heard much of their less popular stuff. Going only by the albums I own and nothing else...I guess it could be Lone Wolf? Or United? I haven’t heard any bad Priest songs, lol.

• Like 1