Quick drum question

edhunter

My twelve-year-old started drumming back in November. I was able to find a good deal on Pearl Roadshow kit, and replaced the dinky cymbals with Zildjians. Today I added a 16" thin crash I bought new at a store, and one of my customers sold me a stand for 15 bucks. I noticed though that the felt cymbal buffers are missing the washer that the cymbal rests directly against as well as the bolt to tighten it down from the top. Does anyone know off hand what size washer and bolt to buy? I'm stopping at home depot on the way home from work. I stopped off at home to set it up for him and am currently just using black electrical tape to cushion the cymbal for the moment. Thanks in advance! Edited by edhunter

I'm a little late on the reply... you should be able to buy an assortment of wing nuts and washers for cheap the Home Depot. I recently needed some washers and there was quite an assortment in small quantities, and if I recall there was even an assorted size pack. The wing nut is a standard size, so one of the few available sizes at Home depot will work. Just buy a bunch and toss the rest in the spare stuff can/drawer. Edited by stoopid

I'm ever later on the reply! But, if this doesn't benefit the original poster, perhaps it will aid others with the same question.

Most modern stands use an 8mm (aka, M8) size wing nut. Most older American stands used a 1/4"-20 wing nut. I qualify these specs with 'most', as there are stands which use 6mm nuts (like some Ludwigs), or 5/16" nuts, but these are less common.

One nifty 8mm replacement set available from DW (part DWSM2230) includes the seat, felt, stem and wing nut for ~$15. Pearl offers their 'WingLoc' set for about the same price.