THE ONLY SPAM THREAD v.25

That One Guy

10 members have voted

1. 1. When did TRF chatroom get taken down?

• May 1st
    • "This year"

Few things are easier than clowning on MAGAts when they whatabout Bernie Sanders' "wealth" when we're talking about Trump's. Dude has less net worth at 80 than plenty of normal working class 65 year olds I personally know. If you work a $185k job into your 80s, you should probably have a low seven figure net worth as well.

https://jalopnik.com/jeff-bezos-new-500-million-megayacht-didn-t-have-a-he-1850355638

Friendly reminder that trickle-down economics doesn't work, has never worked, and will never work

Taxing the rich less is far more likely to result in hyper expensive toys and buying all the damned property than it is to result in investing it all back into the economy and workers

2 hours ago, That One Guy said:

https://jalopnik.com/jeff-bezos-new-500-million-megayacht-didn-t-have-a-he-1850355638

Friendly reminder that trickle-down economics doesn't work, has never worked, and will never work

Taxing the rich less is far more likely to result in hyper expensive toys and buying all the damned property than it is to result in investing it all back into the economy and workers

Blue collar guys build yachts.

Just now, JohnRogers said:

LOL...you got owned, fool.

LOL...you got owned, fool.

Unless those yachts were built outside the USA.

7 minutes ago, JohnRogers said:

For the same dollar amount of goods produced, you could hire 5-10x that many blue collar workers building goods that more of society can buy.

That's why I'm anti-yacht and pro-widely-available-consumer-goods. Because unlike some people, I don't hate blue collar workers. I don't want 10 yacht builders and 90 unemployed ass-scratchers--I want 100 happily employed tradesman building all sorts of things that most people can afford to buy!

8 minutes ago, That One Guy said:

For the same dollar amount of goods produced, you could hire 5-10x that many blue collar workers building goods that more of society can buy.

That's why I'm anti-yacht and pro-widely-available-consumer-goods. Because unlike some people, I don't hate blue collar workers. I don't want 10 yacht builders and 90 unemployed ass-scratchers--I want 100 happily employed tradesman building all sorts of things that most people can afford to buy!

Building what? There is a reason we don't build stuff here. It's not trickle down economics.

54 minutes ago, JohnRogers said:

Building what? There is a reason we don't build stuff here. It's not trickle down economics.

We do still build stuff here. It's not the glorious 1940s anymore, but we still do. Tons of cars, SUVs, trucks. Heavy equipment, some appliances. In my industries' case, most items are US fabricated. Concrete, asphalt, pipes, utility boxes, custom equipment, that kind of stuff is most cost effective when it doesn't have to travel huge distances.

My girlfriend recently took delivery of a Subaru Outback, proudly made by good ol' boys in Indiana.