THE ONLY SPAM THREAD v.25

That One Guy

10 members have voted

1. 1. When did TRF chatroom get taken down?

• May 1st
    • "This year"

18 hours ago, That One Guy said:

Dude it would've been rad to come of age during The Easy Economic Years

When people worked for stuff?  It was rad.

Not sure it was that easy

8 hours ago, goose said:

When people worked for stuff?  It was rad.

Not sure it was that easy

Not sure where you're going with that, people work just as much now (if not more) than they did in decades past. Randomly bitching about younger generations without concrete evidence need not apply.

Economically, previous decades were certainly easier for those who lived through them. That's why I'm calling them The Easy Economic years. In modern times, real wages have gone down, purchasing power has gone down. Previously generations climbed the ladder and then kicked it out from under them, so to speak. The world also became a more competitive place.

But seriously, could've been so much wealthier had I been doing exactly what I'm doing a decade or two ago! Oh well, still got it pretty good as it is, all things considered. Just can't expect to have all the things my earlier counterparts had (that doesn't mean discrete electronic devices, lol).

47 minutes ago, That One Guy said:

Not sure where you're going with that, people work just as much now (if not more) than they did in decades past. Randomly bitching about younger generations without concrete evidence need not apply.

Economically, previous decades were certainly easier for those who lived through them. That's why I'm calling them The Easy Economic years. In modern times, real wages have gone down, purchasing power has gone down. Previously generations climbed the ladder and then kicked it out from under them, so to speak. The world also became a more competitive place.

Hard to argue with that "evidence".

Lol

We're so far removed from lead poisoning in the US that now there's people claiming lead is harmless and we should put it in gasoline

we've gone full circle, may god help us

2 hours ago, Union 5-3992 said:

Megadeth and albums with "..." in the title. Name a better combo!

A .38 special and a cranium

just kidding, they don’t suck that much