THE ONLY SPAM THREAD v.25

That One Guy

10 members have voted

1. 1. When did TRF chatroom get taken down?

• May 1st
    • "This year"

7 minutes ago, JohnRogers said:

Maybe a guy doesn't want to stop every 200 miles on his 10:30hr drive to Detroit. Still, point taken and received. Yet, if an ICE guy does stop every 200 miles for fuel it doesn't take 45 minutes to fill the tank.

And neither does an EV guy, especially if we're talking SUVs, not these current second-year trucks (bigger battery F-150 provides 320 miles range by the way). Every argument I've seen against EVs spouted in the IFA Country Stores parking lot is a complete strawman that Clem feels so proud to tear down. The Ioniq5 can regain 70% of its charge in 18 minutes fast charging. I road trip extensively and have never made some splash-and-dash pit stop under ten minutes. In fact, I do tend to stop for 20 even if refueling takes 5, I go shit, stretch legs, select a beverage, do normal people shit. Drivers who are constantly making huge mammoth road trips with super short stops are a tiny fringe population that are rightfully ignored. This 1% of users can keep buying ICE, no one cares. But it's annoying when they're super vocal, as if they are anything along the lines of a typical case.

By the way, I drove 900 miles in one day last October with a border crossing, I ain't no stranger to hittin' the road like a wannabe trucker.

EVs aren't perfect but they're better than shitkicker zero-experience talking points would have some believe. And best part, unlike ICE, they're getting better and better at a very quick pace.

I totally understand if you never buy the next gen EV Dodge shit though. Might be crap.

Edited by That One Guy

14 hours ago, That One Guy said:

The Ioniq5 can regain 70% of its charge in 18 minutes fast charging. I road trip extensively and have never made some splash-and-dash pit stop under ten minutes. In fact, I do tend to stop for 20 even if refueling takes 5, I go shit, stretch legs, select a beverage, do normal people shit. Drivers who are constantly making huge mammoth road trips with super short stops are a tiny fringe population that are rightfully ignored. This 1% of users can keep buying ICE, no one cares. But it's annoying when they're super vocal, as if they are anything along the lines of a typical case.

By the way, I drove 900 miles in one day last October with a border crossing, I ain't no stranger to hittin' the road like a wannabe trucker.

69% LOL...I get 100% when I fill up in under 5 minutes. I know all about the 18 minute gas and sip. On a long road trip the short 3 minute fill up out numbers the 18 minute stop. I'll be taking a cross-country road trip out of California on Saturday. Unfortunately, it is an I-10 southern route so I won't be able to look you up.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, JohnRogers said:

black coffee matters

A Black Rifle Coffee Company coffeeshop I designed the site on should open this spring. Finally. Gonna enjoy a victory brew there, hopefully be there for a cute lil ribbon cutting

• Like 1

2 hours ago, JohnRogers said:

69% LOL...I get 100% when I fill up in under 5 minutes. I know all about the 18 minute gas and sip. On a long road trip the short 3 minute fill up out numbers the 18 minute stop. I'll be taking a cross-country road trip out of California on Saturday. Unfortunately, it is an I-10 southern route so I won't be able to look you up.

Different strokes for different folks. Some people set land speed records on fuel/bathroom stops on road trips, some people do indeed take more time than the F1 pit stop minimum.

Cross country

outta cali

one way

someone's buyin a hooptie

It's a virtual certainty I will end up back in western Canada next year.

It's hopeful that the journey will continue north.

Very north.

....the northest.

We're ordering homegirls' new Outback this saturday. Such a better damned deal than 4Runners. And you can make true custom orders. And they don't take 4-6 months to arrive.

Just now, Fordgalaxy said:

Fastest Corvette, EVAR (in stock form)!

I just drove the Fastest Stock F-150 Ever, the Lightning. Apparently quicker to 60 than any Raptor ever made.

5 minutes ago, Fordgalaxy said:

With a tire blistering 81ish HP. 0-60 in 14-16 seconds. 

The piece-o-shit tires of that day could barely handle serious performance. 0 to 60 in under 6 seconds was a dicey proposition for rubber of the 70s, no matter what the car could do.

1 minute ago, That One Guy said:

The piece-o-shit tires of that day could barely handle serious performance. 0 to 60 in under 6 seconds was a dicey proposition for rubber of the 70s, no matter what the car could do.

Full disclosure, the zero to sixty times are a complete guess. Carry on.