THE ONLY SPAM THREAD v.25

That One Guy

10 members have voted

1. 1. When did TRF chatroom get taken down?

• May 1st
    • "This year"

On 10/22/2022 at 1:55 PM, Mr. Not said:

some of their stuff is really good, if i was a huge fan i'd be happy since they release so often..

i look back to the 70's and see bands releasing 1 or 2 albums per year and think about how it was harder to do that then it is now, maybe it was more profitable then and labels need to limit their releases for marketing reasons, but if you're on a writing streak and a band in your prime why not release 3-4 albums per year? 

and are they the most successful prog rock band (not prog metal) of recent years? my friend and i were talking about how it's sad that most of prog rock's appeal among millennials/zoomers is the "lol so random" factor of king gizzard. 

I'm really not sure I'd classify them as prog. I more see them as a sort of jam band that blends genres like Ween. I think it's cool they can pull off hip hop and thrashy songs on the same record. Or they just said "f**k it, we'll do a metal album". Their synth pop stuff never really grabbed me though

• Like 1

Cars as a hobby is expensive. Even ignoring the cost of the actual second vehicle, the insurance on a second vehicle could buy a videogame console every five months, or a good small vacation every year

But instead I just haaave to be able to choose what to drive when I walk out the door

1 hour ago, That One Guy said:

Five over one apartments are just the worst, I never want to be involved in one ever again

For why? They are hugely popular in New Seoul, NJ.

On 10/25/2022 at 1:18 AM, That One Guy said:

Cars as a hobby is expensive. Even ignoring the cost of the actual second vehicle, the insurance on a second vehicle could buy a videogame console every five months, or a good small vacation every year

But instead I just haaave to be able to choose what to drive when I walk out the door

Look into classic car/specialty vehicle insurance. It is cheap but said vehicle must be garaged and not used as a daily. Nearly any enthusiast vehicle qualifies. 

42 minutes ago, JohnRogers said:

Look into classic car/specialty vehicle insurance. It is cheap but said vehicle must be garaged and not used as a daily. Nearly any enthusiast vehicle qualifies. 

Look dude I don't have a garage, I have a 2-car carport. Don't beat me down!

there's a playlist they listen to for "intimate time", songs to get them in the mood. there are several King Crimson songs in the playlist, and the playlist is played on shuffle. when a KC song comes on Toyah starts complaining and demands Mr. Fripp to "change it to something that isn't complete shite". 

staged humiliation sort of thing 

28 minutes ago, That One Guy said:

Look dude I don't have a garage, I have a 2-car carport. Don't beat me down!

Meh, work harder, less message boarding and Miata driving.

51 minutes ago, JohnRogers said:

That list is objectively trash. A bunch of non-convertibles, fat ass coupes, front wheel drive, etc. And the S2000 is unobtanium.

There's only one brand new game in town for new, cheap, lightweight, rear-wheel-drive, with a manual transmission!

Seriously a V8 Mustang convertible weighs like 4,000 lbs. Maybe that's ok in Chrysler Enthusiast territory, but it's not in Driver's Car Enthusiast territory.

54 minutes ago, JohnRogers said:

Meh, work harder, less message boarding and Miata driving.

The Miata is like $80 a month on full coverage at 10k miles a year, thanks to the type of people that usually buy brand new Miatas. Affordable!