THE ONLY SPAM THREAD v.25

That One Guy

10 members have voted

1. 1. When did TRF chatroom get taken down?

• May 1st
    • "This year"

7 hours ago, HomesickAlien said:

Two Birds albums since the release of the last Karnivool album. 

I think Ian has lost interest in Karnivool. 

i guess the pop project is more successful

The Mars Volta have also re-united, but it looks like the new album's going to be pop rock, so they're using their titular success to help boost them onto the charts i guess.

the three singles so far are still pretty creative and they sound nice, but they're nothing like the chaotic compositions you'd usually get from TMV. maybe the full album will pull a 180 since it's not unlike them to have some straightforward songs thrown into the mix sometimes, not counting on that though.

12 minutes ago, Mr. Not said:

Birds have always been more popular than Karnivool in Australia. I think they sometimes play arenas, while Karnivool does a one-off show at a festival now and then.

Karnivool's guitarist is off doing his own thing, roaming around the outback organizing music workshops for disadvantaged youth, or something like that.

That single they released a while back -crumbs to throw at fans!  

Themata - straightforward, good but aside from a couple songs (mainly just COTE and Fear of the Sky) it's not quite 'karnivool' yet

Sound Awake / Asymmetry - 'karnivool'. for a long time i preferred sound awake over asymmetry while thinking both are undeniably great, but now i lean more towards asymmetry thanks to its lyrics being the best and having an overarching atmospheric feel to it. i'll listen through the entire album and while there are many fantastic riffs throughout it, it'll feel like none of them ever really happened. that sounds like it'd be a bad thing but it's not

no idea what to expect from the upcoming album based on the single + the fact that they haven't recorded it yet, but if we're only going off "all it takes" then it'll be their heaviest yet, and maybe a little symphonic?

lots of cool unwatched youtube channels out there, people who use the website to seemingly archive their own personal videos but obviously don't mind sharing the experience either. footage from hikes, gardening progress, etc. those are my favorite, especially when i happen onto them by accident 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Mr. Not said:

The Mars Volta have also re-united, but it looks like the new album's going to be pop rock, so they're using their titular success to help boost them onto the charts i guess.

the three singles so far are still pretty creative and they sound nice, but they're nothing like the chaotic compositions you'd usually get from TMV. maybe the full album will

pull a 180 since it's not unlike them to have some straightforward songs thrown into the mix sometimes, not counting on that though.

speaking of TMV + happening onto something by accident

AI taking over white collar banker-type jobs and even the arts before it completely phases out burger flippers is a plot twist that not many people anticipated.

unfortunately music will follow not too long after visual arts, especially since zoomers prefer electronic music anyway.. rock will probably actually die within our lifetimes. AI capability to make music goes on the rise in parallel with the quality/musicianship of the work becoming less of a concern among audiences. "The world doesn't need more music" -Steven Wilson 

thing is though it's hard to imagine human singers getting phased out, which is good

and 'popstar' personalities will continue to exist, which is bad

Edited by Mr. Not

Some 19 year old dude in college was pretty certain that automation was going to decimate every industry within a decade. I really doubt that in my industry. Too much unique "negotiating with uppity tractor town planning departments" for that to happen, frankly.

• Like 1