THE ONLY SPAM THREAD v.25

That One Guy

10 members have voted

1. 1. When did TRF chatroom get taken down?

• May 1st
    • "This year"

Been looking into commercial fishing lately, it's good for me to have alternative plans if my current one falls through. The opening paragraph from the Alaskan Gov's  site:

"Many stories have been told about people who, with no trouble whatsoever, landed a job as a crew member in Alaska's fishing industry on a highliner fishing boat and made tons of money. There are published materials for sale which boast of lucrative jobs in canneries and on fishing boats. The reality is, that for every success, there are many failures."

^ lol, "look dumb ass, it's not as easy as it sounds. Here's some other things to consider."

Edited by Mr. Not
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, goose said:

The offer was accepted.  Soon this will be me...

congrats, have you ever built a cabin before, or are you confident in other handyman experience in order to do it? i can't imagine myself doing it, but maybe if i started off with some amateur hobbyist woodworking i'd see paths opening up.

you got the 20 aces for 1-2k per? you don't have to disclose but you said it was for the a price of a car so to me that means 20-40k. I really enjoy looking at listings for land/properties etc on zillow, but a lot of the deals on there either seem far out of reach, while others seems too good to be true.

I was just looking at some areas in in an isolated area of ID, kind of as a joke because the name of the area is amusing, but one property was 100 acres of mountainous land with a little catfish lake (shitty looking lake, if i'm being honest, maybe an acre and seemingly shallow, mossy), some kayaks, a shack, and that's about it from the pictures/details provided. it was price at nearly 2 million. then there was ~12 acres of property for 300k, a nice looking area though not as mountainous, and it had two cabins already built on it. the main was a very nice single-family one, while the other was not so nice but still very good for a "granny pod' or an alternative for a son's basement, and it had a couple of sizeable well-built sheds on it too and outdoor garage fixture (just something to shield from snow).

Do two different sellers in the same exact area (looks like they're not even three miles separated from each other) really have such different evaluations? How does that work out? maybe i should inquire with these people to get a better understanding, but i'd feel kind of bad doing this when i know i'm not even considering purchasing it. But maybe it'd be for my benefit of understanding. 

i've had terrible dreams these past two nights, and i'm trying to fix my sleep schedule as well as get more sleep, but i can't seem to get more than 6 hours lately. i guess i'm drinking too much caffeine again, can't think of any other reason for this

14 hours ago, Union 5-3992 said:

Remember the old days of using Periscope to watch R40?

My good sir I went to my show just about completely blind on setlist

8 hours ago, Mr. Not said:

congrats, have you ever built a cabin before, or are you confident in other handyman experience in order to do it? i can't imagine myself doing it, but maybe if i started off with some amateur hobbyist woodworking i'd see paths opening up.

you got the 20 aces for 1-2k per? you don't have to disclose but you said it was for the a price of a car so to me that means 20-40k. I really enjoy looking at listings for land/properties etc on zillow, but a lot of the deals on there either seem far out of reach, while others seems too good to be true.

I was just looking at some areas in in an isolated area of ID, kind of as a joke because the name of the area is amusing, but one property was 100 acres of mountainous land with a little catfish lake (shitty looking lake, if i'm being honest, maybe an acre and seemingly shallow, mossy), some kayaks, a shack, and that's about it from the pictures/details provided. it was price at nearly 2 million. then there was ~12 acres of property for 300k, a nice looking area though not as mountainous, and it had two cabins already built on it. the main was a very nice single-family one, while the other was not so nice but still very good for a "granny pod' or an alternative for a son's basement, and it had a couple of sizeable well-built sheds on it too and outdoor garage fixture (just something to shield from snow).

Do two different sellers in the same exact area (looks like they're not even three miles separated from each other) really have such different evaluations? How does that work out? maybe i should inquire with these people to get a better understanding, but i'd feel kind of bad doing this when i know i'm not even considering purchasing it. But maybe it'd be for my benefit of understanding. 

$45k.  Power is on the road and could be run in, but I'll do a small generator, then maybe solar.  I for water I'll set up a cistern system.

I helped my father in law build his cedar home, a 3-story open prow style.  I plan on building simple cabins, using the notch system.  Idiot proof, really.

I am so f***ing stoked

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mr. Not said:

turns out i actually prefer to be out in nature as opposed to starting at a screen, who would have thought 

I did six miles in the hills today.  My soul demands it