Rush Limbaugh Dead at 70.

grep

I was surprised, awhile ago, to hear that he had started out as a Top 40 DJ at WIXZ (wickzee 1360 !) in Pittsburgh. The name he used at the time was Jeff Christie. When I heard that, I remembered listening to him way back in the day; my friend and I used to listen to WIXZ a lot.

I didn't follow him to the talk radio format.

• Like 2

It's not easy being me - a rabid Rush fan. I've spent decades clarifying to people that I'm a rabid fan of THE BAND. Edited by Principled Man
  • Like 6

I remember listening to him as a kid - my mom had him on the radio everyday.

Back in the 90s he could be pretty hilarious. A shame he doubled down so much on the neocon craziness.

I’ve grown to just dislike such divisive people. May he RIP anyway.

• Like 1

Rush would have loved this guy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8z7YDo44-xE

I bet Geddy, Alex, and Neil met Jack Nicholson because he was at the 2013 Rock and Roll Hall of Fame

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=izRb8mHi9Sk

At the 3:48 mark the guys are applauding and then a second later Nicholson is.

Edited by RushFanForever

Even in death people seem a need to tap their negative personal feelings or the political cesspool with their comments ........yeah he was polarizing..... but when death comes close to you I'm sure you would not appreciate it.

Feh. Humans are too fixated on and worried about death. Many people won't even say someone died, but instead, they "passed." There are people on TRF and elsewhere who talk bad about me and others and I don't expect that to change after I die, but I won't know so, who cares?

Edited by Fordgalaxy

No matter what type, and kind of person he was, I'll show my respect towards his family by saying I'm sorry, to hear, see, and read that he passed away from lung cancer. I wasn't a regular, and daily listener of his. I wouldn't want to die, and pass away from that, and any forms of cancer, too. My condolences, to his family, and friends. R.I.P., Rush. Edited by Derek19

No matter what type, and kind of person he was, I'll show my respect towards his family by saying I'm sorry, to hear, see, and read that he passed away from lung cancer. My condolences, to his family, and friends. R.I.P., Rush.

All I can say is he is no longer in pain and we are free of him. I won't wish him well, he mocked so many when they died, even kept a count of AIDS victims and laughed at them everyday on his radio show. :|

Edited by Rhyta
  • Like 6

In all honesty, I only know of Rush Limbaugh from that episode of Family Guy where it turns out that both Rush Limbaugh and Michael Moore are actually Fred Savage in disguise
  • Like 1

No matter what type, and kind of person he was, I'll show my respect towards his family by saying I'm sorry, to hear, see, and read that he passed away from lung cancer. My condolences, to his family, and friends. R.I.P., Rush.

All I can say is he is no longer in pain and we are free of him. I won't wish him well, he mocked so many when they died, even kept a count of AIDS victims and laughed at them everyday on his radio show. :|

He's a despicable human.

I remember friends telling me about his AIDS count broadcasts and I thought, what human would do that ?!?!?! I never listened to him but when I heard this I thought and still do, think he's the devil.

There is a RIP associated with him on social media. I agree with it 100%.

• Like 3