Official NASCAR thread

Fordgalaxy

First major crash in the Daytona 500 directly attributed to Kyle Busch, to absolutely no one's surprise. He managed to get through it so there's a good chance he'll initiate more damage to someone else. D-bag.

:goodone: :goodone: Agreed. Who pulls that kind of a move on the 15th lap?

• Like 1

Now that was a race. No late race cautions to meddle with the results. I don't care that Byron won by 4 seconds, that race for second was amazing. Thoroughly enjoyable race today.

Yeah with 10 to go I looked at my wife and said "in the next 5 laps there will be a caution for debris that no one will ever lay eyes on." Glad to be proven wrong.

• Like 1

Congratulations, Martin Truex, Jr.! It was nice to see him win today. I've liked these races where the end has been good racing and not a mess of restarts and green white checkered blah blah.
  • Like 1

Anyone been watching the Xfinity series? Noah Gragson is quickly becoming the most dislikable driver in all of NASCAR. It's baffling to me that Dale Jr is still tolerating his behavior. I hope after his antics on pit road this week, NASCAR suspends him. Dude is just a trashy person, and even the sagely elder statesman of NASCAR, Mike Joy has all but called him out on it.

Anyone been watching the Xfinity series? Noah Gragson is quickly becoming the most dislikable driver in all of NASCAR. It's baffling to me that Dale Jr is still tolerating his behavior. I hope after his antics on pit road this week, NASCAR suspends him. Dude is just a trashy person, and even the sagely elder statesman of NASCAR, Mike Joy has all but called him out on it.

I've watched a lot but not today. I know there was a fight today but I can't find out what precipitated it. Did he try to hit another car on pit road?

I've watched a lot but not today. I know there was a fight today but I can't find out what precipitated it. Did he try to hit another car on pit road?

Daniel Hemric had to take a wide entry into his pit stall and made it difficult for Gragson to get into his stall in front of Hemric. So as Gragson jockeyed into his stall, he had his car in reverse and intentionally shot back slightly just to knock in Hemric's nose- while crewmen were working on the car.

Edited by KenJennings
  • Like 1

Daniel Hemric had to take a wide entry into his pit stall and made it difficult for Gragson to get into his stall in front of Hemric. So as Gragson jockeyed into his stall, he had his car in reverse and intentionally shot back slightly just to knock in Hemric's nose- while crewmen were working on the car.

Yeah, that's shitty.

Was really upset to see the Truck race and heat races ruined by rain today. If they can get weather to cooperate, it's going to be a blast. But if it rains, it's a disaster because you can't easily dry mud. I've been looking forward to this weekend since it was announced.

And NASCAR really needs to remove the windshields on the cars when they're running dirt tracks. These are growing pains worth figuring out. NASCAR on dirt is a winning formula, but there are hiccups in making it work.

Edited by KenJennings

Was really upset to see the Truck race and heat races ruined by rain today. If they can get weather to cooperate, it's going to be a blast. But if it rains, it's a disaster because you can't easily dry mud. I've been looking forward to this weekend since it was announced.

And NASCAR really needs to remove the windshields on the cars when they're running dirt tracks. These are growing pains worth figuring out. NASCAR on dirt is a winning formula, but there are hiccups in making it work.

That's OK, we won't be able to see it anyway because every station around here is going to be showing the f***ing Chauvin trial.

My God, it's easy to hate Denny Hamlin.

Larson has been unreal this year. I hope he wins it all.

Truex is so underrated that I wouldn't mind him winning just to cement his greatness.

I like Chase Elliott, but after his antics against Harvick, I don't want him to repeat.

Denny Hamlin has easily become my least favorite cup series driver.

• Like 1

It's pretty crazy that Truex has finished second or better four of the last five years. He's one of the most underrated drivers ever when you consider the way his career got bogged down by bad business. He came into the cup series driving for a DEI team that was at its last breaths. He moved over to Michael Waltrip's ill fated startup which never ascended to the top tier. He ended up turning Furniture Row's entry from a field filler to a champion. And then finally settled in at JGR as a perennial championship contender.

He's never had mouth stability. He's worked with a half dozen different crew chiefs and four different teams. And he's excelled wherever he's been given a reasonable chance to. It's too so many bad fans don't recognize how great he's been.

Edited by KenJennings

• The title was changed to Official NASCAR thread