Shows from Moving Pictures Tour

Missing1202

I was not a huge fan of the reissues but loved the live tracks from the Permanent Waves one.I have some of the major Rush boot legs but I don't seem to be able to find any decent Moving Pictures Tour shows? Is there any? I have always been a Rush fan but only recently started getting into the live shows. I guess if there is one it would be fantastic if they released it on the anniversary of Moving Pictures.

I was not a huge fan of the reissues but loved the live tracks from the Permanent Waves one.I have some of the major Rush boot legs but I don't seem to be able to find any decent Moving Pictures Tour shows? Is there any? I have always been a Rush fan but only recently started getting into the live shows. I guess if there is one it would be fantastic if they released it on the anniversary of Moving Pictures.

Here's a thread on the MP tour...

http://www.therushforum.com/index.php?/topic/88382-best-moving-pictures-tour-bootleg/page__hl__%2Bmoving+%2Bpictures

Different Stages is the bootleg forum.

I guess the better question for THIS forum, is when are they going to release a 40th anniversary version of MP? (With an entire concert in better quality than Exit...Stage left)

I still can't believe that they don't have alternate mixes of songs... I GET that they used everything in once way or another, but there has to be tape of the earlier mixes, and stuff (i.e. Sir Gawain before they scrapped it)

There are no good soundboard boots of the MP tour, there are 2 very nice audience recordings but that depends on your tolerance for audience recordings. Neither are sdbd quality, very atmospheric. There is a high generation so-so sounding sdbd from the ESL tour Hartford. Hoping for a ESL 40th Anniversary that would include at least enough material to make a complete MP show. There are threads about that topic
  • Like 2

There are no good soundboard boots of the MP tour, there are 2 very nice audience recordings but that depends on your tolerance for audience recordings. Neither are sdbd quality, very atmospheric. There is a high generation so-so sounding sdbd from the ESL tour Hartford. Hoping for a ESL 40th Anniversary that would include at least enough material to make a complete MP show. There are threads about that topic

I have both the Chicago and Anaheim shows and they both sound pretty good ..... with one major drawback (for me anyway)..... in both cases there are 'yellers' close to the taper who insist on 'whooping' and 'hollering' at the top of their voices all through the show .... it kinda puts me off a bit!
  • Like 1

I have both the Chicago and Anaheim shows and they both sound pretty good ..... with one major drawback (for me anyway)..... in both cases there are 'yellers' close to the taper who insist on 'whooping' and 'hollering' at the top of their voices all through the show .... it kinda puts me off a bit!

Just like being there . . .

• Like 3

hehehe .... I guess you're right! But even so, at gigs it p*sses me off when some idiot is hollering in my ear!!

Worse still is when the people around you insist on having a full scale conversation throughout the show!

Edited by zepphead
  • Like 1

hehehe .... I guess you're right! But even so, at gigs it p*sses me off when some idiot is hollering in my ear!!

Worse still is when the people around you insist on having a full scale conversation throughout the show!

Or when they "sing" really loud...

• Like 1

"There are a lot of ways Rush is like the Grateful Dead; and, there are a lot of ways Rush is not like the Grateful Dead"...said who?

Two dollars to the winner!

• Like 1

Can you imagine what they could of left behind if only they were like the grateful dead?

Allow taping in designated areas?

Mixing up the set list nightly?

I can see the appeal in this, but I think their legacy now is just fine.

• Like 2

Can you imagine what they could of left behind if only they were like the grateful dead?

I can see the appeal in this, but I think their legacy now is just fine.

Indeed. Great career.

That said, the more quality bootlegs the better imo. I can easily find bootlegs of dead shows i saw, sometimes even videos. I would love to have boots of the shows I attended back in the day.

Nothing like listening to a show that you were present at back in the day. Imo

• Like 1

Completely different kinds of bands with completely different music.

Rush acknowledged their own standards and knew their audience. If they mixed it up more they would have been unsatisfied if it was rough, and they understood that plenty would complain, "man, (so and so) was sloppy and missed (x)..."

• Like 2

The Grateful Dead quote was from Brian Hiatt (I believe) sitting on the stairs talking about the band in Time Stand Still.

Edit: For context, he was referring to both bands having such a dedicated fan base they can book a venue and it will generally fill up. The difference being the style of music they play.

Edited by Bahamas
  • Like 1