RIP Marty Schottenheimer, longtime outstanding NFL Coach

laughedatbytime

RIP, Coach Schottenheimer. :rose: We lived in Cleveland while he was the Browns' coach and those were exciting times; there wasn't much else going on in Cleveland at the time! My heart goes out to any family that has to deal with Alzheimers. :heart:

A tremendous career. His teams usually finished 1st or 2nd in their divisions and made the playoffs. Never quite got over the post-season hump, though.

:rose:

• Like 1

R.I.P. Marty ! :rose: :rose:

Schottenheimer coached the Kansas City Chiefs for 10 seasons and finished with a 101-58-1 regular season record, the highest total during any 10-year span in the franchise's history. He was inducted into the Chiefs Hall of Fame in 2010.

"Marty will always hold a special place in the history of the Chiefs, oh A big Thanks for sharing this news laughedatbytime !

• Like 1

I saw last week his family had moved him to hospice care. My thoughts go out to them.

He always seemed like such a high energy guy, and he did good work with teams like the Browns and Chiefs who were not exactly fashionable in the '80s or '90s.

Rest in peace.

I'm sorry, to hear, see, and read this. He will be missed. My condolences, to his family, and friends. R.I.P., Marty.

A tremendous career. His teams usually finished 1st or 2nd in their divisions and made the playoffs. Never quite got over the post-season hump, though.

:rose:

Would've made the Super Bowl imo the year he went 14-2 in San Diego if some dumbass DB hadn't played hero ball after picking off Brady at the end of the playoff game between SD and NE. Dude tried to run it back for a TD instead of just falling down with the game clinching interception and a Patriots player knocked it out of his hands and they recovered and went on to score the winning TD. Chargers would've run out the clock. I think that was one of Brady's fortunate, "the fates were smiling on him" situations much like the offsides by Chris Jones of KC a couple years ago that negated the game losing int and of course the insane decision by Pete Carroll to not hand the ball to Marshawn Lynch at the end of SB 49. Brady is great, but he's lucked into several of those titles too.

RIP Marty. You deserved better that day.

• Like 2