Christopher Plummer dead at 91.

invisible airwave

Oh, he was a giant. So good in so many things.

I guess I saw him last in Knives Out, but from The Sound of Music on down, a true legend. That hint of menace united all his roles.

RIP, sir; you did good work.

• Like 2

We were watching Knives Out last night and during one of Plummer's scenes I said, "I wonder how much longer he'll be with us?"
  • Like 1

We were watching Knives Out last night and during one of Plummer's scenes I said, "I wonder how much longer he'll be with us?"

Same thing happened with me on January 9, 2020 when I was watching Rush Beyond The Lighted Stage again. I thought, "wow, what would it be like if one of these 3 men died?"

tenor.gif

Edited by _hi_water._

RIP Christopher.

One of the few actors who was still working into his 90's.

The oldest to ever win an Oscar for acting with Beginners with Jessica Tandy close behind for Driving Miss Daisy.

It was almost surreal seeing him in modern productions because he's from a whole other era.

Dreamscape (1984): Plummer plays megalomaniac Chief of Covert Operations Bob Blair, who will do whatever it takes to keep the President from commencing a global disarmament treaty. Dennis Quaid plays Alex, whose psychic powers are coveted by Blair and his team of assassins.

OrJ29XT.jpg

Bob Blair : The question is whether you're gonna cooperate. I never had any doubts about Tommy Ray.

Alex : Well, why should you? He killed his own father. He's a f***ing psychopath.

Bob Blair : Alex, it's very simple. Either you work for me or you die.

:haz: :haz: :haz:

Dreamscape (1984): Plummer plays megalomaniac Chief of Covert Operations Bob Blair, who will do whatever it takes to keep the President from commencing a global disarmament treaty. Dennis Quaid plays Alex, whose psychic powers are coveted by Blair and his team of assassins.

OrJ29XT.jpg

Bob Blair : The question is whether you're gonna cooperate. I never had any doubts about Tommy Ray.

Alex : Well, why should you? He killed his own father. He's a f***ing psychopath.

Bob Blair : Alex, it's very simple. Either you work for me or you die.

:haz: :haz: :haz:

Saw that one on Rifftrax a few years ago. He's in this other Rifftrax I saw called Firehead which is typical of early 90s b action movie fare that would end up on Cinemax with another late Oscar winner, Martin Landau, and the son of the late Jack Lemmon. Starcrash, the Roger Corman ripoff of Star Wars, was also on the reboot of MST3K on Netflix a few years ago.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZEbkNXJGLts&t=174s

I'm sorry, to hear, see, and read this. He was a great actor, who had a resume of a different variety of portrayed memorable characters in a list of really good movies like some other famous actors, who have passed away recently. He will be missed. My condolences, to his family, and friends. R.I.P., Christopher. Edited by Derek19