Some Movement Towards Lee/Lifeson Collaboration

skullchrist

Not sure if anyone has posted this yet:

https://www.louderso...t-back-together

I'm sure many of us assumed that this would be a matter of time after they were able to properly grieve. These guys have been mates and brothers since they were kids. They will always be compelled to work together in some fashion.

RIP Neil Peart - Fellow Astromancer and Lord of Rivendell!

Edited by skullchrist
  • Like 2

I still think the reality is closer to "Yeah, we'd theoretically like to do something in the future together, that would be cool" than "We're actively making plans to make a record."

Whether Alex is involved or not, I do hope eventually once COVID is over we get a proper Geddy solo tour, new record or not. He seems like the one most keen on getting back on the road. Alex seems like he enjoys not touring.

• Like 3

I wonder what name they'd release under. Hopefully something better than "Lee/Lifeson".

It's been mentioned before but "Dirxst".

That would be pretty cool (although that could fuel some very weird fandoms that may or may not exist)

Here's the full interview:

Ok, just watched the WHOLE interview! Phew! It's amazing actually! Some really amazing take aways for me personally:

• He's younger than I thought so he still has A LOT of life left in him
  • He still wants to play
  • He's been working and recording consistently after they stopped touring
  • Now I know why there are no solos on VT (he wanted to be a unit and didn't want any of the focus to be on him which is very admirable and weird at the same time)
  • His favorite album, as far as ease of creativity and creation, is MP (which is how they were able to channel such amazing energy into that album)

But the real take away is that he said:

Never say Never!

Looks like he doesn't want to tour but I'm guessing he would do festivals. Prediction:

There will be a Lee/Lifeson album out in the next year or so.

Edited by skullchrist
  • Like 1

Ok, just watched the WHOLE interview! Phew! It's amazing actually! Some really amazing take aways for me personally:

Wikipedia not a thing for you?

Wow...

Slow day huh?

Well, there is already a post about it two lines down on this forum list.

And great interview, yes.

Wow...

Slow day huh?

Well, how can you be a fan and not know their ages?

Different music news outlets are 'clickbaiting' Alex's comments with the assumption that a collaboration with Geddy is set in motion to happen immediately, when it's not the case.

Exactly. Luckily those guys don't give in to outside pressure and only will do it if THEY feel comfortable with it. Until that happens. It's all clickbait and wishful thinking.

Wow...

Slow day huh?

Well, how can you be a fan and not know their ages?

Its comforting to know that you are still a huge prat.

• Like 1

Different music news outlets are 'clickbaiting' Alex's comments with the assumption that a collaboration with Geddy is set in motion to happen immediately, when it's not the case.

Exactly. Luckily those guys don't give in to outside pressure and only will do it if THEY feel comfortable with it. Until that happens. It's all clickbait and wishful thinking.

Sadly, thats the case. Them wanting to work and something concrete actually happening is just exactly that. Wishful thinking. I mean I really do hope we will hear something from them in the future, but Im not exactly putting money away in hopes there is a huge tour in the future.

They have to feel comfortable and "want" to do it...fans can sit on their hands all year.Considering the state of everything,loss,pandemic.

Is the motivation there? ...time is not on their side anymore unfortunately.If for anything,I can see a collaborative effort taking place,Geddy filled in nicely with Yes a few years back......Alex in a session or two.If the live music scene ever returns to normal ...going back on the road seems to be way on the bottom of a list.Neil spoiled their ass doing all of the writing,..which they made known,they were very happy with it.As with Zeppelin, with the loss of John Bonham,it will never be the same.

Whatever they decide,moving forward they will know it will be a different feel/vibe to the music they create..and fans will embrace enthusiastically or not.

• Like 1

Ok, just watched the WHOLE interview! Phew! It's amazing actually!But the real take away is that he said:

Never say Never!

I thought Andre did a great job in trading long exchanges with Alex. He was not surprisingly very knowledgable and clearly hold him in high esteem. Regarding "Never say never", not only is it the obvious result of, in my opinion, Alex seeming to want to put that part of the discussion behind them and move on (the only aspect of the interview I was slightly uncomfortable with, i.e. what seemed to me to be just a tad pushy in light of the fact that Alex'd already made clear his feelings), but the phrase itself errs on the side of "highly unlikely" and is only an acquiescence that one cannot know the future.

• Like 2

Ok, just watched the WHOLE interview! Phew! It's amazing actually!But the real take away is that he said:

Never say Never!

I thought Andre did a great job in trading long exchanges with Alex. He was not surprisingly very knowledgable and clearly hold him in high esteem. Regarding "Never say never", not only is it the obvious result of, in my opinion, Alex seeming to want to put that part of the discussion behind them and move on (the only aspect of the interview I was slightly uncomfortable with, i.e. what seemed to me to be just a tad pushy in light of the fact that Alex'd already made clear his feelings), but the phrase itself errs on the side of "highly unlikely" and is only an acquiescence that one cannot know the future.

They say, hope springs eternal! :lol:

Andre was especially knowledgeable about Victor. Haven't heard that since college! I'll have check it out again.

• Like 1

A tour with new music and they can even play stuff from their solo albums! May look like this:

Set I:

50th Anniversary Medley

Freewill

Limelight,

New Song,

New Song #2,

Geddy Lee Bass solo,

My Favorite Headache,

Promise

The trees

Xanadu

2112 Entirety

Set II:

The Camera Eye

Natural Science

BY Tor, the Necromancer and the Snowdog (medley)

Cygnus X1/

Hemispheres (Prelude)

Alex Liefson acoustic solo

Closer to the hear

Red Barchetta

Tom Sawyer

the Spirit of Radio

Encore:

YYZ

La Villa Stangiatto

Working Man

They should do an unplugged or stripped down thing. No drums. An EP of new songs. Throw in a few things from each solo album ("Still"; "Grace to Grace"; "Strip and Go Naked"), plus a few Rush deep cuts ("Tears"; "Different Strings").