Killers turns 40 today!

Rod in Toronto

One of my favourite albums, even though in the grand scheme of things, Maiden has a catalogue that eclipses it.

One of many, many albums I worship by Maiden.

• Like 2

What I'm eager to find out is what you guys think of the article I wrote.

I enjoyed your 'look back' at this Iron Maiden album and certainly agree that it was the transition into the Maiden we know and love now .... however it was only

the start of the transition. Real changes could only happen IMO after Di'Anno was replaced.

I remember when it was released - most folk I knew thought it was just ok ..... but not a patch on the debut album.

I was hanging around with a fairly metal crowd in those days and Di'Anno wasn't particularly liked in our metal fraternity .... too much like a punk!

But, the album was a stepping stone for greater things and had some fine moments.

• Like 3

You hit it on the head with the sophomore efforts.

I will be dusting this classic off!

Happy 40th Killers...you look great for your age!

:)

• Like 4

I have a soft spot for this album. Love Killers, Prodigal Son and Wrathchild to name a few. Yes, up against the 2 albums beside it it might seem weak but it's still got a lot of good stuff!
  • Like 4

the passion certainly shines through.

I can't believe any self-respecting heavy metal fans out there could possibly not like the di'anno material. a lot of people talk about this stuff like it's norwegian black metal recorded in a forest

• Like 5

I can't believe any self-respecting heavy metal fans out there could possibly not like the di'anno material. a lot of people talk about this stuff like it's norwegian black metal recorded in a forest

I remember us talking about it at the time and coming to the conclusion that he was a total w*nker.
  • Like 1

Nice work Rod. Your own passion for the album comes through.

This album is as good as anything the Dickinson lineup recorded. It's possible that, because this was their "new" album when I got into them, that colors my opinion, but I think it's more about the quality of every one of the tracks. Neither of the Di'Anno albums have any clunkers IMO.

• Like 6

I got some flack for thinking the early albums were better than some of the other eighties albums. I think if pushed to choose, I'd take the first two over Piece Of Mind and Powerslave.

• Like 3

This album is as good as anything the Dickinson lineup recorded. It's possible that, because this was their "new" album when I got into them, that colors my opinion, but I think it's more about the quality of every one of the tracks. Neither of the Di'Anno albums have any clunkers IMO.

Amen!

• Like 2

I might get laughed at for this, but I swear one of the reasons I love No Prayer so much is because it was a return to sharper, somewhat less polished songwriting that I still feel resembles this early material a little.

I loved your article Rod.

• Like 2

Killers is full of great songs beginning to end, with none of the repetitive droning that plagued some of Maiden's later stuff. For my money, it's the tops.

I got this today in honor of the album turning forty...

sean19.jpg

Edited by goose
  • Like 5

Thanks!! Yeah, I do love Killers, but I tried to be balanced in what I wrote.

• Like 1

Thanks guys!

I have an interview with Blaze Bayley next week about his new album, and I'm excited about that!

blaze is a nut. That should be fun!
  • Like 1