My Frame by Frame Drum Cover

chemistry1973

You know I hate talented bastards like you... :lol:

That drum performance looks like it takes a lot of discipline. (Pun intended)

Well done.

Edited by Tony R
  • Like 3

You did the drum cover of Owner Of A Lonely Heart a while back right? I liked that one, but this one totally blows it away! Bravo! I love how you managed to keep time when the guitars started going out of sync. Like Tony said, that takes a lot of Discipline. As a saxophonist who plays in concert and jazz bands with directors, counting rests correctly even with someone waving their arms around on a stand in front of you is one of the hardest things in all of music, especially in a weird time signature, especially when other people are playing, and most especially when those other people aren't playing things that line up quite evenly. Just super impressive that you pulled that off multiple times in a row here without error. That last groove with the poly meter was really on point too.

• Like 1

You did the drum cover of Owner Of A Lonely Heart a while back right? I liked that one, but this one totally blows it away! Bravo! I love how you managed to keep time when the guitars started going out of sync. Like Tony said, that takes a lot of Discipline. As a saxophonist who plays in concert and jazz bands with directors, counting rests correctly even with someone waving their arms around on a stand in front of you is one of the hardest things in all of music, especially in a weird time signature, especially when other people are playing, and most especially when those other people aren't playing things that line up quite evenly. Just super impressive that you pulled that off multiple times in a row here without error. That last groove with the poly meter was really on point too.

Thank you EP! Really cool of you to say.

• Like 1

No wonder Robert Fripp has to sit down and play. The looping guitar line in 'Frame by Frame' would be difficult to play standing up.

I recall an interview with Joe Satriani where he composed the guitar solo in 'Crushing Day' sitting down.

He'd have to sit down live to play it as well, as it was also difficult to play standing up.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g-lT2wvJt1M

• Like 1