New upcoming interview with Alex Lifeson - Jan 30, 2021

RushFanForever

Once again thank you RushFanForever for posting a great interview. Watched it twice in the last couple of days, so nice to hear from the guys after a year of sh*t and weirdness.

Alex is going to be one "cute" old guy, those cheeks, that grin :)

What a great and long interview, very relaxed and Alex is so thoughtful and honest - nothing off the cuff or boiler plate, just true memories and great current interests.

Especially honest of Alex to just sigh and respond - yes we read about the challenges of Vapor Trails and other individual albums such as Grace Under Pressure. But to hear him just respond with something like "yeah, GUP and VT" were very challenging records". Like, of an entire library of albums and with time passing by, it just roles off his tongue. He is a great and humble human being - as with the others.

It is pretty clear there will be something, some kind of music likely with Geddy down the road and I am super happy about that. They are friends for life!

I said I could listen to Geddy talk about paint drying; well, I could listen to Alex talk about how paint dries.

How interesting to hear about the many projects he has worked on over the years. And I am definitely getting his album (and Geddy's) now that I feel I can focus on those two guys as musicians and not as members of Rush.

I always chose to focus on them as members or Rush knowing at some point I will delve further into their own music, and I feel the time has come.

• Like 5

Once again thank you RushFanForever for posting a great interview. Watched it twice in the last couple of days, so nice to hear from the guys after a year of sh*t and weirdness.

Alex is going to be one "cute" old guy, those cheeks, that grin :)

What a great and long interview, very relaxed and Alex is so thoughtful and honest - nothing off the cuff or boiler plate, just true memories and great current interests.

Especially honest of Alex to just sigh and respond - yes we read about the challenges of Vapor Trails and other individual albums such as Grace Under Pressure. But to hear him just respond with something like "yeah, GUP and VT" were very challenging records". Like, of an entire library of albums and with time passing by, it just roles off his tongue. He is a great and humble human being - as with the others.

It is pretty clear there will be something, some kind of music likely with Geddy down the road and I am super happy about that. They are friends for life!

I said I could listen to Geddy talk about paint drying; well, I could listen to Alex talk about how paint dries.

How interesting to hear about the many projects he has worked on over the years. And I am definitely getting his album (and Geddy's) now that I feel I can focus on those two guys as musicians and not as members of Rush.

I always chose to focus on them as members or Rush knowing at some point I will delve further into their own music, and I feel the time has come.

I totally agree with you. When considering the solo albums in the past, I couldn't see past Rush. I think now is the time for me to re-evaluate the solo stuff and focus on the individuals.
  • Like 1

I really appreciate seeing the video also. It was great to listen to when I couldn't sleep last night, and I am very happy to hear that there is a bunch of guitar music we might get a chance to hear at some point.
  • Like 3

I didn't finish it. The interviewer's style put me off too much.

Sorry to hear that—I’ve known him for just over 35 years. He’s good people, and he was probably almost as nervous to do that interview as any of us would be.

• Like 1

Sorry to hear that—I’ve known him for just over 35 years. He’s good people, and he was probably almost as nervous to do that interview as any of us would be.

It definitely showed.

I guess they should've posted a transcribed edited version of the interview.

I suppose if their goal was to please me then maybe they should have. But I kinda' doubt they give a rat's ass about my opinion. Not giving a rat's ass about my opinion is generally a good practice (as my wife can attest). They're not the only ones who would benefit from doing so.

I was happy to hear about Victor though bummed the record company shelved it.. I was also glad there wasn't much dwelling on the past. It was noticable that Alex wasn't comfortable talking about Neil. That was tough to watch.

• Like 1

Thanks for posting this!

Just a studio hang with Alex, and his guitars. I thought Andre did fine as an interviewer. I’d have crumbled... Actually, Alex is so laid back, probably not!

I spun Victor after watching, and it was cool to listen to with new insight. I forgot about Mr. X. Hell yes!!! Happy Anniversary Victor!!!

• Like 2

Right...........my brain started to wander....all it goes to show,the interviewer can make or break an engaging conversation.

To those who found the video to be too much rambling, there's a transcript available of the interview here.

Edited by RushFanForever