Anyone try to schedule a vaccine appointment? Lol.

blueschica

They're pulling the J+J vaccine due to 6 blood clot cases out of 6.8 million doses. What does science tell us we should do here? Good move to pull it or not?

Well, they were not white males, so we should pull the vaccine.
  • Like 1

They're pulling the J+J vaccine due to 6 blood clot cases out of 6.8 million doses. What does science tell us we should do here? Good move to pull it or not?

That doesn't seem like a science based decision to me!

But I guess it worked for the mostly peaceful protests, so maybe it was science based after all.

But I guess it worked for the mostly peaceful protests, so maybe it was science based after all.

ALL vaccines matter.

ALL vaccines matter.

That's not science!

ALL vaccines matter.

That's not science!

It is too. I Googled it. That is how science is now determined.

ALL vaccines matter.

That's not science!

ALL vaccines matter.

That's not science!

Bing says otherwise. And eve since I got my vaccine, I've seen that Bing is clearly superior to Google. You have my Word on it.

• Like 2

The science is that so far it has affected one in a million people that have gotten the J and J dose. I don't think it's so hard in the US; we have 2 other alternatives available. Given that we don't yet know how completely the people will recover from the blood clots, it makes sense to pull it here. However, it's going to be hard worldwide to lose a one shot, effective vaccine that some countries were counting on to use in rural and underserved areas. It sets back the vaccine effort a lot, unfortunately.

I'm getting pretty tired of this stupid pandemic, it sucks.

• Like 2

The science is that so far it has affected one in a million people that have gotten the J and J dose. I don't think it's so hard in the US; we have 2 other alternatives available. Given that we don't yet know how completely the people will recover from the blood clots, it makes sense to pull it here. However, it's going to be hard worldwide to lose a one shot, effective vaccine that some countries were counting on to use in rural and underserved areas. It sets back the vaccine effort a lot, unfortunately.

What is the chance of contracting COVID and dying from it? If it's more than one in a million then on the surface the vaccine would be more beneficial than harmful.
  • Like 2

What is the chance of contracting COVID and dying from it? If it's more than one in a million then on the surface the vaccine would be more beneficial than harmful.

I heard someone from the CDC on the news this am and they said that is the purpose of this "pause" in use. They said that during the time the J and J vaccine has been in use, there have been aprox 1 case per million of these blood clots, and aprox 1800 deaths per million from Covid. So, yeah, it seems to come down on the side of the vaccine. Plus the one dose makes it easier for rural and homeless populations to use. I hope that during this time they can figure out a way to still use it- maybe limited to certain ages, or males only or something, because it still seems to have some benefit.

Edited by blueschica
  • Like 2

I heard someone from the CDC on the news this am and they said that is the purpose of this "pause" in use. They said that during the time the J and J vaccine has been in use, there have been aprox 1 case per million of these blood clots, and aprox 1800 deaths per million from Covid. So, yeah, it seems to come down on the side of the vaccine. Plus the one dose makes it easier for rural and homeless populations to use. I hope that during this time they can figure out a way to still use it- maybe limited to certain ages, or males only or something, because it still seems to have some benefit.

So the risk of dying without the vaccine is 1800 times greater than getting it.

A lot of stupidity during the pandemic in the name of "abundance of caution".

The science is that so far it has affected one in a million people that have gotten the J and J dose.

Actually, it doesn't even show that. It shows that 6 got rare blood clots after getting the vaccine, but not that the vaccine caused it for certain.

A strange overreaction, but such is the case today it seems.

• Like 3

This is certain. :yes:
  • Like 1

plurals

Not sure that anyone has actually died from the blood clots.

I'm in the late priority - priority 10, which is the last part, and where previously it wasn't even a priority. I could be getting my vaccine letter anytime between April and June.

I hope it's near the earlier part! :hi:

Since then, I've read it's been delayed, and the doses are going to be second doses for those who had the first ones. I've now no idea when I'll get it.

Shoot! Sorry to hear this. Cats should be a priority!

Purr! :pussy:

Mr Babycat had his first one - Pfizer; got a stiff arm. *ahem*

Been checking online, seems to be sometime between this month and May/June.

I'm receiving my first vaccine next weekend! :yay: :yay: :yay:

Edited by Babycat
  • Like 5

2nd Pfizer last night after work. Not as tired as the first one, but my arm hurts twice as much. No big whoop. Carry on...

Get Vaccinated - The life you save, may be your own! :sundog:

• Like 4

I'm in the late priority - priority 10, which is the last part, and where previously it wasn't even a priority. I could be getting my vaccine letter anytime between April and June.

Since then, I've read it's been delayed, and the doses are going to be second doses for those who had the first ones. I've now no idea when I'll get it.

2nd Pfizer last night after work. Not as tired as the first one, but my arm hurts twice as much. No big whoop. Carry on...

:ebert: :ebert: :ebert:

• Like 3

Had my first vaccine this morning - didn`t feel anything in my arm at all and no side effects at all. We had a lovely drive cross-country to Berwick for it, on a beautiful sunny morning alongside the River Tweed. I`ve been outside in the garden this afternoon with no arm pain, so it`s like I`ve not even had it - can only just see where the jab was. I had the Astra Zeneca vaccine.
  • Like 3

Got round 2 of Pfizer today. Had to work through a bookkeeping mix up first, due to the fact that they had registered my wife's round 1 to my name, so she wasn't listed and I was on hold as double-vaccinated.

No symptoms yet.

• Like 2

Got round 2 of Pfizer today. Had to work through a bookkeeping mix up first, due to the fact that they had registered my wife's round 1 to my name, so she wasn't listed and I was on hold as double-vaccinated.

No symptoms yet.

Achy and lethargic today, which was fine since the weather was crap.
  • Like 3

It's today! :scared: :scared: :scared:

• Like 3

Good luck! Everyone in my family just felt kind of tired and a little achy afterward, some after the first shot and some after the second. It didn't last longer than a day, though.

It's important to keep cats healthy! :hi:

• Like 4

Good luck! Everyone in my family just felt kind of tired and a little achy afterward, some after the first shot and some after the second. It didn't last longer than a day, though.

It's important to keep cats healthy! :hi:

I need catnip! Or a paper bag..! :o

• Like 3