Anyone try to schedule a vaccine appointment? Lol.

blueschica

It's the Wild West! In Pennsylvania anyway. There is a problem with getting enough covid vaccine doses in Pennsylvania for everyone who qualifies in Phase 1 right now. (Which includes my 86 yr old mom.). It's like trying to get Rush tickets, only more unorganized software . . . .

I got a tip that some appointments would open up at Rite Aid pharmacy tonight and got on the website trying to get one for mom. Got on right after midnight and still most appointments were gone. Can't take anything after dark as she doesn't drive after dark. It was bizarre, different things kept opening and closing because, like concert tickets, you have 10 minutes or something to confirm the appt. after you make it and a lot of people didn't confirm. I tried for 2 hours and ended up getting . . . an appointment for Mom's best friend, who has a daughter who can drive her after dark. Will try again tomorrow for my mom. If any of you are in this position, I hope it goes better for you! :o

Edited by blueschica
  • Like 4

TBH over here it has not been too bad. My Mum (who is 84) got hers 11 days ago, and i am aware of others in their '80s who also have been vaccinated within the last week.

So far, from what I can see, the UK are pushing on quite well with it. But I guess things can vary regionally from place to place, and indeed from country to country.

• Like 5

Hard to get it here even though I live 18 miles from the Pfizer plant. :facepalm: Only in the US does it turn a reasonable distribution effort into a complete cluster f**k.

Sign-up list of 20,000 at the local health department. They can process 6000 a day but they're getting sporadic supply.

Edited by HemiBeers
  • Like 3

TBH over here it has not been too bad. My Mum (who is 84) got hers 11 days ago, and i am aware of others in their '80s who also have been vaccinated within the last week.

So far, from what I can see, the UK are pushing on quite well with it. But I guess things can vary regionally from place to place, and indeed from country to country.

Hmmm, what does the UK do differently from the US in health care . . . must be something . . . it's coming to me . . . no, I can't think of any explanation! :eyeroll:

Here in Missouri, I think we are in "Tier II, Phase A" and they're not quite ready to move on with Phase B. Now, in any reasonable place not run by halfwits, this would be "Step 4" but not here. In fact, I'm pretty sure there are sub-phases. My wife's an elementary teacher, and we think she's in II B, but is it II B or not II B?

:chickendance:

• Like 4

Very different in England. My Dad, 75, had his jab on 9th Jan and my Mum, 70, hers on the 16th Jan. They were both called and offered their appointments by the GP surgery. Neither of them have any underlying health conditions.
  • Like 5

Here's a novel idea. Have Jeff Bezos and Amazon handle all the vaccine distribution. Say what you want about Amazon, but they know distribution. Have a medical tech ride in every Amazon delivery truck with vaccines. Want your vaccine with your delivery? Boom, done!

If the government ran Amazon it would take 3 months to get our deliveries.

• Like 4

Sorry to hear about people's difficulties.

As I understand it, on average between 850 000 and 950,000 have been vaccinated daily. But demand is high, so I guess other people are getting those appointments.

Edited by goose
  • Like 1

Lol, indeed. Have tried through 2 different sites here in FL, no luck. The Publix stores with pharmacies are distributing, but only North of me in Palm Beach County where Trump is. Guess I'll have to wait until Walgreens starts getting made quantities of vaccine doses. Over 65 and immune system compromised, thanks a lot, mofos.
  • Like 2

Trying to schedule a vaccine appointment here would probably be akin to trying to schedule a date with J.Lo

So you're sayin' there's a chance?!?!

http://hips.hearstapps.com/hmg-prod.s3.amazonaws.com/images/jennifer-lopez-for-guess-2-1579039777.jpg?resize=768:*

Huh, I'll bet those apples changed shades just for this picture. DELICIOUS! ...and I don't care about the damn apples...

Lol, indeed. Have tried through 2 different sites here in FL, no luck. The Publix stores with pharmacies are distributing, but only North of me in Palm Beach County where Trump is. Guess I'll have to wait until Walgreens starts getting made quantities of vaccine doses. Over 65 and immune system compromised, thanks a lot, mofos.

:hug2: :hug2: My sister is in the same boat in St. Pete. Glad they have stopped the vaccine tourists, anyway.

• Like 2

I've gotten my first vaccine and I'm scheduled for part 2 on February 4th.

I'm not sure how I got it but I signed up on Xmas eve when the registration site went live. The site was up and down, off-line, hanging, etc. but I finally got through.

I live in Essex County NJ and the Commissioner ( Joe D ) is doing a fantastic job with testing and vaccinations. Since I volunteer at a food pantry I get tested weekly and it's very easy to schedule a test.

I hope you all get vaccinated ASAP.

• Like 4

You can have that diva. More of this ageless Canadian "time travel movie" stunner for me. Yowza!

yw1BE3t.jpg

Got mine through CVS yesterday and will get my 2nd in 3 weeks. Feeling slight soreness in my deltoid but it's nothing compared to two days after after my tetanus shot years ago.

Edited by invisible airwave
  • Like 1

I'm not sure how I got it but I signed up on Xmas eve when the registration site went live. The site was up and down, off-line, hanging, etc. but I finally got through.

I live in Essex County NJ and the Commissioner ( Joe D ) is doing a fantastic job with testing and vaccinations. Since I volunteer at a food pantry I get tested weekly and it's very easy to schedule a test.

Howdy Essex County neighbour!

Well done on getting your vaccine taken care of. Your being right on top of it like that must have made a difference because many folks I know around here have not been able to get appointments. I'm not eligible yet so I guess I'll be seeing how it goes in the coming months.

• Like 3

I work in food service, so I know that I'll qualify eventually, but I'm just not the top priority right now. I didn't even know that I could schedule it, but I wanna get it done asap!
  • Like 3

My wife is 69 and an in home caregiver for an elderly (age 85) woman so she was in the first group here in Washington state. It took some work to get her an appointment but we finally did and she's had the first of the 2 shots. She also insisted on an appointment for the 2nd "booster". They tried to tell her they'd call her but she wouldn't back down and they relented and set up the appointment.

My parents are still alive and are 88 and 87 and just got an appointment for the first shots on 2/13.

I am 64 and in good health so guessing it'll be late April/into May before I get my chance though if the Johnson & Johnson vaccine gets approved and ramped up soon, maybe I'll get lucky and get it a bit sooner. The cutoff for people being eligible at this point in time is age 65. :( I can honestly say this is the first time since I was 20 that I wish I was a year older than I am.

• Like 3

Howdy Essex County neighbour!

Well done on getting your vaccine taken care of. Your being right on top of it like that must have made a difference because many folks I know around here have not been able to get appointments. I'm not eligible yet so I guess I'll be seeing how it goes in the coming months.

I would try calling the help line #. A few of my friends called and got an appointment a few days later.

• Like 1