The music or the men?

JARG

This is known as a hypothetical...  

23 members have voted

1. 1. If all the musicains were technically able, would you rather

• See Rush play 90 minutes of Triump's material
    • See Triumph play 90 minutes of Rush's material

Wondering if the draw is the more the music than the musicians or vice versa.

It doesn't have to be Rush/Triumph (I picked them because they're both power trios). It can be Rush/any band. The point of the poll is not to compare Rush to another band, but rather to see if it's the music that is the draw moreso than the musicians, or the other way around.

Edited by JARG

I'd rather hear Rush's music. Triumph - especially Rik Emmett - are accomplished musicians but I'm not into much of their music. A couple of the bigger hits like Fight the Good Fight or Never Surrender are fun but the rest is just a little too much bland "rock n' roll" for my taste.
  • Like 1

I don't have enough interest in Triumph to care about this poll and I bet most here don't have enough interest in me to care I don't care about this poll.

Substitute another band.

• Like 1

I've little interest in Triumph, so unless Rush created new arrangements I'd rather hear a Rush song.

Don't know Triumph well enough, but if they can play the songs them this call is easy.

Now, there are a lot of bands who's music I would love to hear Rush play.

I've little interest in Triumph, so unless Rush created new arrangements I'd rather hear a Rush song.

Don't know Triumph well enough, but if they can play the songs them this call is easy.

Name 5 bands who’s music you would’ve loved Rush to play

AC/DC

Dillinger Escape Plan

Bon Jovi

Nirvana

RHCP

AC/DC

Dillinger Escape Plan

Bon Jovi

Nirvana

RHCP

I can’t tell if that’s a joke. But let’s run with it. Which songs from each band?

AC/DC

Dillinger Escape Plan

Bon Jovi

Nirvana

RHCP

I can’t tell if that’s a joke. But let’s run with it. Which songs from each band?

Sin City

Does it matter?

Want ed: Dead or Alive or Bad Medicine

Rape Me

Give It Away

Wondering if the draw is the more the music than the musicians or vice versa.

It doesn't have to be Rush/Triumph (I picked them because they're both power trios). It can be Rush/any band. The point of the poll is not to compare Rush to another band, but rather to see if it's the music that is the draw moreso than the musicians, or the other way around.

Interesting to me, because it was only a couple of years ago I realized that Rush did an album of "covers" (Feedback), and the re-release of A Farewell To Kings has other artists doing Rush songs. I especially liked Big Wreck's cover of Closer To The Heart.

So...

Rush playing Take Your Whiskey Home by Van Halen. I would love to hear Geddy put his signature singing style/timing on those low vocals. I know Alex would have a blast adapting his style to the super cool blues rhythms.

Or as trios go, how about ZZ Top doing Tom Sawyer?
  • Like 2

Pink Floyd

Kings X

The Dregs

The Beatles

The Brian Setzer Orchestra