It's been a while since a poll. How about two random albums from my record shelf! Elton John - s/t vs. The Police - Regatta De Blanc

Entre_Perpetuo

Choose one  

17 members have voted

1. 1. album

• Elton John - Elton John
    • The Police - Regatta De Blanc

I picked these albums randomly from my collection with some online dice. Strangely I think they might be pretty evenly regarded around here! Elton John - Elton John vs. The Police - Regatta De Blanc. What's your pick?

Two very strong albums, but so different it's hard to compare them. Police gets the nod from me as it's the album I would more likely play, but Elton probably made the better music.
  • Like 3

Those early Police albums are gold. They jumped the shark once Sting hijacked them and starting putting out pop drivel like Do do do and Every Shit You Take.

I watched the rehersal videos for The Police tour in 2007. God, Sting is an insufferable passive-aggressive control-freak douchebag.

Him and Bono couldn't be in the same room because there's not enough room for both egos.

Edited by HemiBeers

Him and Bono couldn't be in the same room because there's not enough room for both egos.

It's how some people get things done, unfortunately. If you enjoy the music and can look past the personalities it doesn't matter. I use my ears to enjoy an album, the rest is minutia.

• Like 2

Too tough to call, like others have brilliantly pointed out - I've listened to this Police album recently in my car. Elton John's greatest hits are about the only thing I've queued up in the past decade+, but he does make IMO 'better' music. It's all about personal taste, at least we can all be objective enough to realize that.

It's how some people get things done, unfortunately. If you enjoy the music and can look past the personalities it doesn't matter. I use my ears to enjoy an album, the rest is minutia.

Artists, great artists, tend to be insufferable.

Elton's self titled is magical to me. Every song seems to go in a different direction just to prove he can do that too. Regatta De Blanc is a good album, but imo the Police got better when they got more experimental.

Artists, great artists, tend to be insufferable.

Exactly. I assume all artists are maniacs and drug addicts. It allows me to focus on the art, which is the entire point of my relationship with them.

I couldn’t agree more.

How many in Pink Floyd had egos too big for the band? One? Some? All? Never mattered to me as the music far exceeded any drama I might’ve come across.