Robert Fripp performs 'Enter Sandman' and 'Smells Like Teen Spirit'

RushFanForever

I've seen a few of these by now and it's still completely jarring. I have to believe Robert really is enjoying these as much as Toyah seems to be, but he could not possibly look more like he's losing his will to live playing these riffs, lol. I still can't decide if they're more entertaining than uncomfortable or vice versa.

More power to 'em anyway.

• Like 2

I've seen a few of these by now and it's still completely jarring. I have to believe Robert really is enjoying these as much as Toyah seems to be, but he could not possibly look more like he's losing his will to live playing these riffs, lol. I still can't decide if they're more entertaining than uncomfortable or vice versa.

More power to 'em anyway.

It's just their sense of humor. Toyah's doing what she's doing and Robert's portraying the opposite end.

For me, they're hard to watch even though I know what they're supposed to be.

• Like 3

This is Robert Fripp's version of 'crossover prog' in a way.

I think I might be responsible for that ridiculous name for the sub genre. Crossover Prog. I was never comfortable with Prog Pop as an alternative and really we should have used “Art Rock” but the issue was that, of course, that’s another name for Progressive Rock and was quite widely used though less so now.

I think I might be responsible for that ridiculous name for the sub genre. Crossover Prog. I was never comfortable with Prog Pop as an alternative and really we should have used “Art Rock” but the issue was that, of course, that’s another name for Progressive Rock and was quite widely used though less so now.

Wait you helped make Progarchives??

• Like 2

Tony's profile is here,

His profile photo has the half-horse running, which I forgot about that's hilarious.

Edited by RushFanForever

No 62 year old woman's real shirt looks like that!!! just sayin' :no: :lol: Edited by librarian
  • Like 1

Now they've covered 'Rebel Yell' by Billy Idol.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GFaQExRwLUM

I just can't understand how he looks dead serious in every video right up until the end and then gives this big hearty laugh. Man has a very intense relationship with his craft.

What the hell? THAT'S Robert Fripp? The guy with that stiff and awkward strumming, who sounds like he just picked up a guitar for the first time three months ago?? For god's sake, I can play Smells Like Teen Spirit better than him... :eh:

I've seen a couple of these videos as well but I didn't realize who was in them. I never, ever would have guessed...

Tony's profile is here,

His profile photo has the half-horse running, which I forgot about that's hilarious.

I joined in 2004 and took over the admin side in 2006, I think, with a couple of others after the site hit a crisis. Some stuff needed doing and they were humming and aahing instead of getting on with it. I pushed a lot of things through and dealt with some bad actors on the forum. It was bloody hard work and I guess I was de facto leader of the Admin team for a few years. We created teams to deal with additions to the different genres but that meant redefining and in some cases renaming some.

Towards the end of my tenure I thought Maxime Roy the site owner was more concerned with monetising the site than maintaining it and it became a mess of advertising.

Don’t tell the Feds but I was responsible for many of the mp3 tracks uploaded there. I thought it was Max’s biggest weapon for bringing Prog back to the masses. We had a few cease and desist notices and one time John Petrucci’s wife contacted us to remove all the band’s MP3’s and furthermore all references to her husband and the band on the Archive. :moon:

• Like 2

Tony's profile is here,

I joined in 2004 and took over the admin side in 2006, I think, with a couple of others after the site hit a crisis. Some stuff needed doing and they were humming and aahing instead of getting on with it. I pushed a lot of things through and dealt with some bad actors on the forum. It was bloody hard work and I guess I was de facto leader of the Admin team for a few years. We created teams to deal with additions to the different genres but that meant redefining and in some cases renaming some.

Towards the end of my tenure I thought Maxime Roy the site owner was more concerned with monetising the site than maintaining it and it became a mess of advertising.

Don’t tell the Feds but I was responsible for many of the mp3 tracks uploaded there. I thought it was Max’s biggest weapon for bringing Prog back to the masses. We had a few cease and desist notices and one time John Petrucci’s wife contacted us to remove all the band’s MP3’s and furthermore all references to her husband and the band on the Archive. :moon:

Dang, I use that site all the time! Even before I joined the forum there I found it a super helpful tool for getting more into prog and I'm still in awe of everything that's compiled there. Thank you for all of your hard work on it!

And I won't tell anyone about the mp3's, ;)

• Like 1

What the hell? THAT'S Robert Fripp? The guy with that stiff and awkward strumming, who sounds like he just picked up a guitar for the first time three months ago?? For god's sake, I can play Smells Like Teen Spirit better than him... :eh:

I've seen a couple of these videos as well but I didn't realize who was in them. I never, ever would have guessed...

I think it closer to performance art than a faithful rendition of the notes.

• Like 1