A little piece of Rush fan fiction :)

bitstream

I saw this meme last week and woke up the following day and it dawned on me... what if I could tell a story about 2020 using Rush song titles? Well, here you go. :)

135571908_10159053767407384_3432195707937069318_n.jpg?_nc_cat=105&ccb=2&_nc_sid=730e14&_nc_ohc=q1r_VJhM2FsAX8J9uGe&_nc_ht=scontent-sea1-1.xx&oh=7bd755f7a8f3dc918604c6646c9f258b&oe=601AD63F

They gave us a Distant Early Warning about the seriousness of COVID.

The kooks and non-believers were really Animated. They donned their War Paint. They said You Can't Fight It. Their anger and frustration came to the fore like Chain Lightning because they felt they were unable to choose Freewill. Instead, they acted with a sense of false Bravado, playing a game of You Bet Your Life by Rolling The Bones as they refused to wear masks. They proclaimed that there were Grand Designs and that the virus is a socially engineered Manhattan Project in order to keep us under Lock and Key; That it's all about The Big Money.

As summer turned to autumn, Vital Signs were fading and some didn't make it -- their existence reduced to a faint Afterimage. Scars mounted, blame shifted, and people started Losing It. Every time they ventured from their homes it felt like they were entering La Villa Strangiato. Nothing was familiar anymore and the continuing unease caused many to develop a serious case of Neurotica.

Politicians, with their Emotion Detector on high, feared a Witch Hunt. Many decided to shun the Limelight and avoid The Camera Eye, worried that all this Natural Science would amount to nothing... that we would never be able to stem the Red Tide... that we didn't have a Ghost of a Chance.

The scientists, wearing their Bravest Face, were on a Mission and determined to Turn The Page. They worked like they were powered by a Superconductor, running a non-stop Marathon with a Force Ten wind in their face as they attempted to get the Chemistry right. Day after day, night after night they toiled, with experiment after experiment going up in a Vapor Trail. Many felt like they were climbing a Totem with no end, but deep down they knew that they had to Stick It Out and Carve Away The Stone.

Meanwhile, Der Trommler, nestled in his Peaceable Kingdom, saw us aging in Dog Years. Little did we know that the Ghost Rider was busy Workin' Them Angels. And one day, Presto! Here It Is! We have not one but two vaccines! "Oh, Sweet Miracle", they proclaimed! It's as if The Stars Looked Down and finally granted us One Little Victory!

And as they rang in 2021, there was Hope that The Main Monkey Business and Malignant Narcissism that permeated 2020 was on a Headlong Flight over the horizon. People wanted the Good News First. They were confident that it wouldn't be long before they were able to get back to their Middletown Dreams... to enjoy those Mystic Rhythms... and most importantly, to be able to party in YYZ.

Edited by bitstream
  • Like 6

Kevin J Anderson, is that you?

Nope.

Just wondered.....your writing was nearly as bad.

It was something I whipped up one morning for shits and giggles. Not intended to be high art.

But if you think you can do better, by all means...

Nope.

It was something I whipped up one morning for shits and giggles. Not intended to be high art.

You're kind of missing the point.

Nope.

And your point is what exactly?

Nope.

The point that you missed :16ton:

Nope.

The guy just joined here. Maybe cut him some slack. It's just a fun little song title thing. He's not trying to be Herman Melville.

• Like 1

Nope.

The guy just joined here. Maybe cut him some slack. It's just a fun little song title thing. He's not trying to be Herman Melville.

Regulation hazing :bitchslap:

Nope.

But but but.....I'm taking the piss......it's what I do......be nice to people....grumble grumble.....oh all right then

• Like 1

Joined TRF January 4. last active January 5.

Congrats Fridge. You scared them away:(