RIP Alexi Laiho, Children of Bodom guitarist and vocalist, 41

_hi_water._

I loved their music in my teens. Haven't followed Children Of Bodom's career since around 2010.

Terribly sad news.

• Like 1

I was never a big fan but the band did have a unique sound. I saw them live a few years ago opening for Megadeth. Pretty sure I have seen them another time or two at a festival. They were enjoyable live. He was a pretty good guitarist.

RIP

• Like 1

I haven't listened to their stuff for quite a while but this is terribly sad news about one so young. RIP Alexi Laiho.
  • Like 1

I was never a big fan but the band did have a unique sound. I saw them live a few years ago opening for Megadeth. Pretty sure I have seen them another time or two at a festival. They were enjoyable live. He was a pretty good guitarist.

RIP

Try the album Hatebreeder. There pre-fame stuff is my favourite.

• Like 1

RIP

Oh, I have definitely heard that album and some others that came after it. They just never stuck with me. Maybe it was the vocals because musical they were very good. They just didn't have that "yeah, I gotta hear this again" feel for me whenever I was through listening to them.

• Like 1

I have heard of his band but I don't own any of their music. I remember seeing their name on a poster on a campus bulletin board. Edited by Krystal
  • Like 1

RIP

Oh, I have definitely heard that album and some others that came after it. They just never stuck with me. Maybe it was the vocals because musical they were very good. They just didn't have that "yeah, I gotta hear this again" feel for me whenever I was through listening to them.

That's actually how I felt with then in the end as well. I think it was a 2008 release, wasn't keen. And then the next one was flat for me and I just gave up.

And now, I still love to play the early stuff but it's not hitting the same way it did when it felt new to me.

I've been sorry, to hear, see, and read this. At 41 for passing away, it is a young age to do so. He should be missed. My condolences, to his family, and friends. R.I.P., Alexi.