Battle Of The Wrinklys

zepphead

Septuagenarian smash up  

9 members have voted

1. 1. Which of these new albums by ancient superstars do you prefer?

• Paul McCartney - III
    • Bob Dylan - Rough and Rowdy Ways

What's your favourite Steven Wilson lyric? Mine is the bit at the end of Deform to Form a Star "Do do do do do do do do do do do do." And then "Nah nah nah nah, nah nah nah nah."

Sounds almost like a Police song
  • Like 2

What's your favourite Steven Wilson lyric? Mine is the bit at the end of Deform to Form a Star "Do do do do do do do do do do do do." And then "Nah nah nah nah, nah nah nah nah."

Sting would like it probably.

• Like 1

Here's the song:

• Like 1

McCartney, by miles. Using any metric. I even think the "Dylan is a great lyricist," is a little over the top tbh.

C Moon disagrees.

Never said Paul's a great one. Just that Dylan isn't the Shakespeare people make him out to be.

Who am I to believe? You or the Nobel Prize judges? :tempted: In all seriousness, Dylan`s laconic style, phrasing and syntax are the things that make them literature. He tells stories in dark, comedic and esoteric ways, which appeals to dark, comedic and esoteric people like me.
  • Like 2

McCartney, by miles. Using any metric. I even think the "Dylan is a great lyricist," is a little over the top tbh.

C Moon disagrees.

Never said Paul's a great one. Just that Dylan isn't the Shakespeare people make him out to be.

Who am I to believe? You or the Nobel Prize judges? :tempted: In all seriousness, Dylan`s laconic style, phrasing and syntax are the things that make them literature. He tells stories in dark, comedic and esoteric ways, which appeals to dark, comedic and esoteric people like me.

I prefer to read Dylan's lyrics than listen to them. For some strange reason. :D

• Like 1

C Moon disagrees.

Argumentum ab auctoritate.

You mean like the judges who gave Obama a Nobel Peace Prize in 2009? Those folks? :lol:

• Like 2

C Moon disagrees.

You mean like the judges who gave Obama a Nobel Peace Prize in 2009? Those folks? :lol:

I don`t think they use the same judges for everything :bitchslap:

C Moon disagrees.

I prefer to read Dylan's lyrics than listen to them. For some strange reason. :D

His last four or five records are more prose than rhyming stanza. Something Neil often edged towards.
  • Like 1

C Moon disagrees.

Oh, I see. The literature ones are the real ones. :lol:

C Moon disagrees.

Oh, I see. The literature ones are the real ones. :lol:

Blind pigs find truffles.

C Moon disagrees.

His last four or five records are more prose than rhyming stanza. Something Neil often edged towards.

Maybe not, but how can you trust a panel that didn't pick "What Happened?" by Hillary Rodham Clinton for the prize?

• Like 2

C Moon disagrees.

Maybe not, but how can you trust a panel that didn't pick "What Happened?" by Hillary Rodham Clinton for the prize?

They were looking for something that couldn`t have been written by every. human. on. the. planet., I guess. Edited by IbanezJem

I listened to both albums again yesterday .... McCartney's is definitely a grower, but I still side with Dylan.