Neil Snubbed From "In Memoriam"

SlackJaw Gazer

Besides Neil, there was a lot of other musicians that didn't get mentioned either on either CBS or Today.

The networks focus is on current news, and reflecting back is within a five minute time frame it appears.

Unlike the music awards shows that acknowledge the passing of every music act, this isn't the same thing.

Perhaps acknowledging cultural significance varies with diffferent TV networks.

Edited by RushFanForever
  • Like 1

CBS is dying in irrelevance anyways

On CBS Sunday Morning there was a decent portion of the segment devoted to him, as much or more as for EVH, IIRC. I was a little surprised, TBH.

• Like 3

CBS last night and the Today Show this morning both did not include Neil in their "In Memoriam" segments. Disappointing to say the least.

Mainstream commercial networks should never be expected to pay homage to any non-mainstream artist or rock & roll band.

Neil’s passing has been honored by all the right people - Rush fans and other rock & roll bands. There’s no room on the train for mainstream twits who don’t even know who he was.

• Like 6

TIME magazine didn't mention Neil Peart in their 2020 In Memoriam: A Tribute To Those We've Lost video either.

From NBC news at the 1:04 mark here.

From ABC News at the 0:20 mark below.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZFOxLue_t9Y

From MLive (Michigan Live) at the 2:45 mark below.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s8DLLfOJuJI

From The Toronto Sun here.

In a way, I look at 'In Memoriam' segments as like 'Hall of Fame inductions'.

The individual's mentioned or ommitted depends on the publication and network presenting this melancholy honour.

Edited by RushFanForever
  • Like 2

Neil is remembered by those who matter. I don't think any group or corporation is going out of their way to intentionally leave Neil out. Just my 2 cents.