Holiday Decorations and Christmas Tree

JohnRogers

I love decorating for Christmas but on New Year's day, it's time for the decorations to go.

Lights outside the house and fresh-cut tree inside. I've gone 35 years in a row to PA to cut down a fresh tree. Fun times.

• Like 4

I love decorating for Christmas but on New Year's day, it's time for the decorations to go.

Lights outside the house and fresh-cut tree inside. I've gone 35 years in a row to PA to cut down a fresh tree. Fun times.

Last year, my wife kept her tree (we each have our own "wings" in the house) up until April! She said the realisation that the year was in full swing and festivities were over was too upsetting :facepalm:
  • Like 3

Our stuff comes down on New Years Day.

Annually, I gallantly offer my services to assist with the task.

Annually, I am politely told that the best way for me to help is to stay out of the way!

• Like 4

Our stuff comes down on New Years Day.

Annually, I gallantly offer my services to assist with the task.

Annually, I am politely told that the best way for me to help is to stay out of the way!

I distinctly remember nothing fits in the thing it came from, and every box is harder to shut each year... by the time I`m in my 70s all the decorations and boxes will have overrun the attic and spilled out into the street :eh:
  • Like 2

I can't believe it's 361 days until Christmas and people already have their lights up.

You know how people are. Always rushing things. :eyeroll:

Walmart already has their Valentines Day stuff out. They don't even give anyone a chance to breathe.

Edited by Lorraine
  • Like 2

We celebrate Epiphany/3 Kings Day. It's the final day of gift giving and a real joy for the Fam.

I prefer to spread gifting out, beginning December 6, with St. Nicolas Day, then Christmas Eve and Day, and finally Jan 6. We even throw in some Hannukah gifting.

• Like 4

We have a fully decorated half sized fake tree that we just move to the basement when we're done with it. Then just bring it out again next year. The Mrs does the other decorating.
  • Like 1

When it comes to Christmas decorations, me, and my parents have our Christmas tree, and decorations up until the New Year, then we take them down. With that, there hasn't been any problems, and or issues. Right now, I'll wish a "Happy New Year 2021".
  • Like 1

My tree went up on Thanksgiving Day 2020 and will most likely come down on January 6th (or that weekend)
  • Like 2

My tree went up on Thanksgiving Day 2020 and will most likely come down on January 6th (or that weekend)

I've got you beat...I put mine up before Thanksgiving this year...just a few days and I'll keep mine up too till Three Kings Day on the 6th...take it down after that. It's been a tradition in our family and I always do that. Plus, i love putting it up and all the other stuff. It's so pretty to look at.

Edited by Daylin
  • Like 5

When it comes to Christmas decorations, me, and my parents have our Christmas tree, and decorations up until the New Year, then we take them down. With that, there hasn't been any problems, and or issues. Right now, I'll wish a "Happy New Year 2021".

Happy New Year, Derek!

• Like 1