Driving Horror Stories, Chapter 37: Harassment on The Highway

Principled Man

For the first time ever, I had to deal with an a**hole on the highway. :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm:

I was on Hwy 53 North, going to Eau Claire, WI this morning. Some a**hole decided to mess with me for no reason at all.

He was in front of me, going the limit (55), then slower, then faster, then slower,.... I kept my distance.

He kept it up, and then he slowed down and came to a near stop.

I blew my horn at him, then he drove normally for a few minutes.

Then he went right back to his a**hole behavior. I went to pass him, and he SPED UP.

I got around him (at about 100 mph), and got behind a Jeep SUV.

He then sped up to pass both of us, and he nearly hit the oncoming traffic.

The Jeep passed him and got out of there. The a**hole soon went back to messing with me.

I tried to pass again, and he swerved over to stop me.

By this time, I was really raging. I didn't have a chance to pass him, but we came to a small town.

He got in the right hand turn lane at the intersection, so I pulled up right next to him in the left lane....

....it was some old guy, just talking on his phone. He barely even looked at me.

I stared at him, shook my head at him in disgust, and went straight as he turned right onto HWY 53.

I then turned around and pulled into a gas station, where a police cruiser was parked.

I almost pulled up to go talk to the officer, but the a**hole was long gone, and the video I took of him showed nothing substantial.

I got back on Hwy 53 and kept my eyes peeled. No sight of him, but I sure was fuming!

W....T....F.....is wrong with people?

:wtf: :wtf: :wtf:

• Like 4

They were probably angry at the world for Trump losing

It was just one moron in the car. No bumper stickers or anything that gave away his political leanings.... :D

• Like 1

They were probably angry at the world for Trump losing

It was just one moron in the car. No bumper stickers or anything that gave away his political leanings.... :D

Ah... :lol:

In all my many years of driving, only once when I thought, "where's a cop when you need one" was there actually a cop and pulled over the person speeding and tailgating me. Too bad the cop at the gas station didn't witness it. What kind of vehicle was he driving?

Principled Man, you have principles that the other driver doesn't have.

The other driver is living 'life in the fast lane' in a dangerous way.

It's disheatening with experiencing a real life 'highway to hell' from that scenario.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xhszOM0Rth8

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ikFFVfObwss

Edited by RushFanForever
  • Like 2

Principled Man, you have principles that the other driver doesn't have.

The other driver is living 'life in the fast lane' in a dangerous way.

It's disheatening with experiencing a real life 'highway to hell' with that scenario.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xhszOM0Rth8

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ikFFVfObwss

That was a huge stretch, RFF. But I like it! :lol:

• Like 1

In all my many years of driving, only once when I thought, "where's a cop when you need one" was there actually a cop and pulled over the person speeding and tailgating me. Too bad the cop at the gas station didn't witness it. What kind of vehicle was he driving?

A non-descript black Grand Prix sedan. Several years old. No bumper stickers or anything unusual.

I have the license plate memorized.....LOL

I've had this kind of shit happen all too often. The last time was while on a motorcycle trip in Montana. I was riding into Helena, Montana from the east and went to pass a guy (4 lanes, US Hwy 12) who sped up, so I sped up, so he sped up, so I slowed down, so he slowed down....finally I'd had enough and cranked the throttle and being on a bike my quick acceleration shot me well out in front of him until he was way back. I looked down at my speedometer and was at 110. I had just had the engine rebuilt to a bigger, more powerful one and didn't realize I could get to that speed so quickly. So I slowed down and if course here comes the asshole trying to prove what a fukking man he is so I just decided I'd had enough and turned up a long, unfortunately dirt road up to a farm. Stopped halfway up and turned the bike off and got off and gad some water waiting for Capt. Douche to go on down the highway. Meantime, the farmer comes down from his house headed for the highway and of course stops to see why I'm there. I explain and he tells me to feel free to stay as long as I feel I want to. Wonderfully nice guy. At that point I figure I've been there long enough and follow him out and on into town for lunch. Edited by driventotheedge
  • Like 1

All to common on two-lane mountain roads are people towing big camp trailers holding up traffic only to speed up in the 4-lane passing zones. They also ignore the provided pull-outs.

Then there's folks who keep it in cruise control while passing. :eyeroll:

Edited by goose
  • Like 1

Similar story. Guy gets pissed off. Goes around me and gets on the exit, so I lay on the horn and my wife and I flip him off. Then he gets off the exit and follows me 20 miles to the next town. Once off the highway, I high-tail it through the neighborhoods and pull in to the alley next to the police station. He gave up after that.

I got the pleasure of knowing he went 20 miles out of his way just because he was pissed at me.

Then a few years ago there were 2 road raggers pissed off at each other. They pulled over at a rest stop and shot each other. Dead. Nice going dumbasses.

I don't screw with road raggers much, although since I drive an old Buick and look like an old guy I can push their buttons by pretending to be the senile gramps driver.

Never, ever screw with a truck with a NRA sticker. 95% probability they're packing heat under their seat.

Edited by HemiBeers
  • Like 1

Similar story. Guy gets pissed off. Goes around me and gets on the exit, so I lay on the horn and my wife and I flip him off. Then he gets off the exit and follows me 20 miles to the next town. Once off the highway, I high-tail it through the neighborhoods and pull in to the alley next to the police station. He gave up after that.

I got the pleasure of knowing he went 20 miles out of his way just because he was pissed at me.

Then a few years ago there were 2 road raggers pissed off at each other. They pulled over at a rest stop and shot each other. Dead. Nice going dumbasses.

I don't screw with road raggers much, although since I drive an old Buick and look like an old guy I can push their buttons by pretending to be the senile gramps driver.

Never, ever screw with a truck with a NRA sticker. 95% probability they're packing heat under their seat.

I'd add, if you're in a normal size vehicle or a motorcycle and you get pissed off at a trucker, even if you're 100% in the right, and there's a wreck, you aren't going to win. Let it go.

• Like 1

They did our species a favor by taking themselves out of the gene pool. :lol:

• Like 2

Yeah their having a small penis makes them pissed off and aggressive all the time.

• Like 2

They did our species a favor by taking themselves out of the gene pool. :lol:

Unfortunately, it only helps our gene pool if they hadn't already procreated! Still, it'll prevent further contribution, I suppose!

• Like 1

Yeah their having a small penis makes them pissed off and aggressive all the time.

il_794xN.884026292_r0yr.jpg

• Like 1

il_794xN.884026292_r0yr.jpg

acdbb82a1cd995b9e99a87cf8455c1d95e5d054cc33ede8bdb65053e5355b6a4_1.jpg

• Like 1