A metric tonne of new Star Wars content announced.

Entre_Perpetuo

https://www.starwars.com/news/future-lucasfilm-projects-revealed

I'm struggling to take it all in. I'm just finally realizing the benefits of Disney owning Lucasfilm. No way in heck all of these different projects would have been made without their massive helping hand. Which one sounds the most exciting to you?

• Like 1

I read through all of those premises.

Kenobi would be the most promising to me. BUT...Hayden Christiansen. I don’t even see why he’s needed since it’s supposed to be set after Revenge of the Sith. He’s already Vader by then. I guess flashbacks? In any case, Ewan McGregor who I think is usually ok or better in everything can’t ease the pain of Hayden. He couldn’t in the prequels, he won’t in this.

Andor...I thought they’d go with one or more of the Rogue One characters. I liked that movie but that one should be left alone. Or at least they should pick a character more interesting...which is easy to do. Who? The blind dude and his big buddy. Or Saw Gerrera...with him you already have a built-in great actor in Forrest Whittaker.

The rest of them sound particularly weak or lazy.

Kenobi would be the most promising to me. BUT...Hayden Christiansen. I don’t even see why he’s needed since it’s supposed to be set after Revenge of the Sith. He’s already Vader by then. I guess flashbacks? In any case, Ewan McGregor who I think is usually ok or better in everything can’t ease the pain of Hayden. He couldn’t in the prequels, he won’t in this.

Andor...I thought they’d go with one or more of the Rogue One characters. I liked that movie but that one should be left alone. Or at least they should pick a character more interesting...which is easy to do. Who? The blind dude and his big buddy. Or Saw Gerrera...with him you already have a built-in great actor in Forrest Whittaker.

I believe in between Episodes 3 and 4, Vader is supposed to be killing off the rest of the jedi. I'm sure we can have both stories without them actually meeting. Much like how Better Call Saul is the Jimmy Show and the Mike Show and rarely do they ever interact.

Disney will do what Disney does, which is milk every last penny out of the franchise. Just waiting for the Baby Vader character to be introduced. You know it's coming.

• Like 2

Hayden Christiansen might actually be the one in the Vader suit during the series. I know it really doesn't matter who puts on the costume since we can't see them anyways. But he did wear it in episode three. I'm not sure how much he will be needed in flashbacks since the prequel has already told the story of his pre Sith days. The Obi-wan show is the only thing on the list that I have any immediate interest in. Everything else I will wait and see with.

Disney will do what Disney does, which is milk every last penny out of the franchise. Just waiting for the Baby Vader character to be introduced. You know it's coming.

I was thinking something similar to baby Vader...a baby Sith. Some dumb prophecy about the coming of the most evil force ever but it’s a baby at the moment. And it’s super cute. So kids and super geeks will want all the toys and merchandise.

• Like 1

The one with the pilots (Rogue Squadron) sounds particularly snoozy. It’s Star Wars so it automatically should have a Jedi, a Sith, or someone with force abilities. Otherwise, it’s Starship Troopers.

I think that's the last dying project from Kathleen Kennedy, the soon to be former president of Lucasfilm for the past few years about whom many negative things have been said both from outside and inside Lucasfilm. If she were out of the picture I have doubt Filoni, Favreau, and Lucas would continue with the project.

Well I for one am excited for this deluge of Star Wars madness! :16ton:

Do the majority of fans really want to have this many Star Wars shows/movies though? It's getting to become too much to follow like the superhero movie franchises.

Do the majority of fans really want to have this many Star Wars shows/movies though? It's getting to become too much to follow like the superhero movie franchises.

Doesn’t matter what the majority wants. Only matters how much money they can make.

I don't know. I agree the volume seems overwhelming and I'm going to guess a lot of people feel as you do. Personally, I've always been a little jealous of the MCU for having so much content because I was just never that into Marvel. With Star Wars, you can bet I'm going to be watching most of, if not all of, these new shows closely. I do hope they get spaced out to make them more digestible.

https://www.starwars...ojects-revealed

I'm struggling to take it all in. I'm just finally realizing the benefits of Disney owning Lucasfilm. No way in heck all of these different projects would have been made without their massive helping hand. Which one sounds the most exciting to you?

I want a Luke and Han adventure series. Why can't I have that? That's what everyone wants. Make it take place right after Jedi. Find some new actors and pull the trigger.

Ewan is playing Obi Wan. Find some people capable of playing Luke, Han and Leia and I would watch the shit out that.

Cast Mark Hamill as an old fart training new Jedis. THAT WOULD BE KILLER.

• Like 1

I was thinking something similar to baby Vader...a baby Sith.

So, Baby Yoda?

I was thinking something similar to baby Vader...a baby Sith.

So, Baby Yoda?

Haven’t seen Mandalorian, just some images including Baby Yoda. Baby Sith seems the next (baby) step...if Baby Yoda isn’t actually evil already. These two babies, one good one evil, can have their big battle when they’re grown up 100-200 years from now in Star Wars Episode MDCVIII